Sign in to follow this  
MuddyBottomBluz

Fire Extinguisher Recall, Could Be on your Boat

Just an FYI, Kiddie is recalling a boat load (no pun intended) of fire extinguishers for failure to discharge or the nozzle breaking off and becoming an impact hazard. It looks like they can be a real issue for boaters and for home protection. There are alot of models affected so check here https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/kidde-recalls-fire-extinguishers-with-plastic-handles-due-to-failure-to-discharge-and to see if the model is on the recall list.

This topic is HIGHLY important & should be permanently pinned to the 1st page of General Forum by the mod. 

Somewhat friendly ranger did a safety check on my boat last weekend in the ENP and my fire ext was one of the recalled models. He told me to replace it ASAP to avoid being one of the unlucky people that had fire ext failures in a time of need. 

• Thanks 1

Stuff like this is a major concern, millions of units are out there so that is why I posted it. I was responsible for maintaining all the fire fighting equipment on 2 USCG medium endurance cutters so you can take the Damage Control man out of the Coast Guard but you can't take the Damage Control out of the man.

• Like 2