Onionrings

PF 2500 owners: fishbox drain

To those with the 2500, is the fish box self-draining ? Mine doesn't drain out and I have had to scoop the water out a few times . Should I use plunger to unclog it ?

did you get the macerator pump option on the box? My buddy has a 2500 w/o the macerator and some water will remain in the forward box until he takes the boat out of the water.   I ordered mine with the macerator, hopefully that will "actively" pull water out

49 minutes ago, marzomi said:

did you get the macerator pump option on the box? My buddy has a 2500 w/o the macerator and some water will remain in the forward box until he takes the boat out of the water.   I ordered mine with the macerator, hopefully that will "actively" pull water out

I don't think I have the macerator pump. Mine holds alot of water.. just wondering if that was normal...

I have the macerator pump. I got it because I was told it would drain to the bilge unless the pump was installed. I have no issues with it holding water. Curious where your fish box drains to. (?) This wouldn't be the first time I received incorrect information from my dealer if yours does indeed drain to the outside of the hull. 

4 hours ago, Tall Tails said:

I have the macerator pump. I got it because I was told it would drain to the bilge unless the pump was installed. I have no issues with it holding water. Curious where your fish box drains to. (?) This wouldn't be the first time I received incorrect information from my dealer if yours does indeed drain to the outside of the hull. 

I am not seeing any draining anywhere.....waiting for other owners to chime in.

I have a brass drain hole from the macerator pump way forward and almost at the keel centerline. It is just an inch or two above the keel. Next time I get a photo I will put it up here for you. 

• Like 1

I have the macerator pump. Mine holds water until I turn it on and it drains where Tall Tails said.

My complaint is that they only have 1 drain in the middle of the boat (left side of the fishbox) and water tends to sit on the right side of the fish box.

• Like 2