Master Angler Multifunction Tach / Speedo wiring

LarryM

Rewired the tach / speedo units, but I seem to be missing one connection on the speedo --the white wire that connects to the pink wire from the fuel sender. On my 2002 MA, there's a red and black wire coming off the fuel sender.  So, does it change color to pink along the way, to conform with the installation instructions ?   Is it routed through one of the connectors ?  
Thanks in advance ...... 

9 hours ago, LarryM said:

Rewired the tach / speedo units, but I seem to be missing one connection on the speedo --the white wire that connects to the pink wire from the fuel sender. On my 2002 MA, there's a red and black wire coming off the fuel sender.  So, does it change color to pink along the way, to conform with the installation instructions ?   Is it routed through one of the connectors ?  
Thanks in advance ...... 

Your fuel sender and wiring may have been changed at some point.  Original Yamaha fuel sender color is pink and the fuel sender input on the gauge is a single white.  The ground wire off the sender can be grounded to the black connector on the gauge.  Are you trying to go from multifunction to command link?

Hi, just rewiring, no command link involved. My fuel sender was likely replaced, it has a black ground and red lead. And that's what I'm trying to find now, where that red lead is connected to. Prior owner must have changed the wiring, the white wire from the speedo used to be connected to a grey wire.  

Archived