Just wanted to share some points of information from trying to prop my new to me HPXV.

17v w/ Yamaha F90 - came to me with a yamaha 18p prop with a top speed of 36 mph at 5200RPMS (with a damaged blade).

This weekend ran the boat with a new Merc spitfire x7 in 19p with a rubex hub. The RPM's were generally 1000 RPM's ahead of MPH with top end 46.7mph at 5900/6000RPMS. The boat generally handled very well with this prop. Only downside was some porpoising that I could only get under control by using the tabs. 

Next steps are to get my hands on a Powetech PTR319P and get the 18p Yamaha prop refinished.

The spitefire X-7 is a 4 blade stainless and the spitefire with out the X-7 is a aluminum 4 blade . Dale knows this because he showed me the first Merc Spitefire X-7 I ever ran . He just didnt put the X-7 on his answer .

You are seeing better numbers with the prop you have than I'm seeing with my PTR 19..  you mentioned porpoising, I find this hull very sensitive to trim... Every time I change speed I have to micro trim or I get porpoising with the PTR ... I think it's just the nature of the set up...

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 8:46 PM, Gatordebaitor said:

Anybody have a PTR3 19p laying around?

Yes.  It's used, but not much.  However, the previous owner did some custom cupping work on the blade tips, on the hitch ball of his truck - lol.  This prop is too large for my setup so I don't need it.  I will sell it for $90.00 including shipping.

Link to pics:  PTR3 19 pitch pics

PM me if you are interested

*Edited to add pics

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:38 PM, wayne said:

You are seeing better numbers with the prop you have than I'm seeing with my PTR 19..  you mentioned porpoising, I find this hull very sensitive to trim... Every time I change speed I have to micro trim or I get porpoising with the PTR ... I think it's just the nature of the set up...

What #'s are you seeing with the PTR Wayne?

18 hours ago, geeviam said:

Yes.  It's used, but not much.  However, the previous owner did some custom cupping work on the blade tips, on the hitch ball of his truck - lol.  This prop is too large for my setup so I don't need it.  I will sell it for $90.00 including shipping.

*Edited to add pics

PM Sent

I saw 48.2 with a little less than a 1/4 tank of gas on my second run with the spitfire last week, so I see what your saying. Maybe I will just have to learn how to drive around the porpoising issue. I'm probably still going to try the PTR so I don't have to wonder as it has been generally been billed as the best prop for this setup. 

Best, is a subjective and relative term... With the numbers your getting I would call it done, spend the money on some new fishing gear... I'm thinking about getting me an X7 at this point..

• Like 1

On 11/6/2017 at 5:01 PM, geeviam said:

Anybody have a PTR3 19p laying around?

On 11/6/2017 at 5:01 PM, geeviam said:

*Edited to add pics

SOLD