2000 Maverick MA 21 haul crack

VS-MasterAngler

Thanks for the advice guys! I have called Saints Custom Boats and they are pretty backed-up right now but he said he will be able to look at it in about a week or two. I was also recommended to IMC Boat Works here in Fort Myers... IMC is going to give me an estimate on Monday but said he wouldn't be able to start the work until January:(

We hit something that was submerged and there is a crack about 1.5- 2ft on each side of the ride pad back near the haul pocket, and now have the same deck symptoms that Chitwood21MA has... I spoke with my insurance company and they requested pictures and an estimate from whichever shop is going to make the repairs. It just seems like everyone is backed-up at the moment.

Not sure if this will help you or not but thought it might be useful.  In St. Pete there is a Manufacturing company by the name of Epic Marine Manufacturing.  NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH EPIC BOATS.  On THT, user edwardpic owns this shop and has a post up of an 85' 256 Dusky build thread that he and his glass guys redid.  Unbelievable work.  I know it is almost 2 hours south of you but thought it might be worth a phone call to check out.  He also did a build thread on a 70's Hewes redo..I Attached some pics to help you get an idea of his work.  I hope I am not breaking any rules here with this post.  Just trying to help out.

aa-f4.jpg

20141028_152001.jpg

aa-f2.jpg

dusky original 653.jpg

dusky original 009.jpg

7 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

....  I hope I am not breaking any rules here with this post.  Just trying to help out.

aa-f4.jpg

Racer,

No trouble EVER for recommending high-quality service/repair providers.  Our members need recommendations all over the six-State area..

We always want the reasons you like a provider..  We do not want to hear why you don't like a particular provider..  The bad stuff should be shared on the phone or a PM.

Your endorsement and photojournal are welcomed, and impressive.

Mod-1

13 hours ago, Moderator said:

Racer,

No trouble EVER for recommending high-quality service/repair providers.  Our members need recommendations all over the six-State area..

We always want the reasons you like a provider..  We do not want to hear why you don't like a particular provider..  The bad stuff should be shared on the phone or a PM.

Your endorsement and photojournal are welcomed, and impressive.

Mod-1

Thank You Mod-1

Racer, and everybody..

This Forum is for our Owners' use and benefit. There is no advertising, and no monies are made off your membership here. 

Bubba and I (mods) read every post and thoroughly investigate all new member registrations; About half of the applications are foreign spammers, hackers and toxic worms.

We don't let conversations get mean or angry. We won't allow people or businesses to be bashed or ridiculed for stupid questions.. We have courtesy rules for the classified section too.

The Company sponsors Owner's Tournaments in 3 or 4 States, and the CEO goes to Washington to fight for recreational angler's rights.

It's all about you guys !!

I know I speak for a lot of guys here when I say THANK YOU" for all you do behind the scenes.  I owe a lot to this forum, it's members, and the moderators who created a great culture.  Heck, it was this forum that convinced me to take a chance on my first maverick, then convinced me to buy the second.  I have met some really good guys on here that I connect with regularly, and I rarely miss a day to check in and see what everyone is up to.  

Yeah I'm pretty down about it because I haven't had it for very long and man is it a great riding boat and the deck layout is amazing! I had a 22ft Pathfinder which was a great boat and I know it had a similar hull but the Maverick was just amazing all around! I am happy how the insurance company has handled things so far though. I will keep my eye out for another Maverick possibly the blue 18.5 with low hours that someone posted on here that is in Fort Myers (I'll at least take a look since it's about 15min away from my house) any bit difference in ride with the 18.5 compared to the 21?

15 hours ago, VS- 21MasterAngler said:

Well guys thank you for all the advice, but it looks like the insurance company wants to total the boat after receiving the repair estimate from Marine Medics. Looks like I may have to look for a new Maverick, Hewes, or Pathfinder...

Ouch !!! Man I hate that for you..:(..I hope that you find something.  I am still looking for the right opportunity.

Archived