Sign in to follow this  
Mason

Center Live Well Drain - 2200V

Doing a lot of maintenance this fall on my 2000 model 2200V Pathfinder.  While in the bilge area, I noticed that my live well drain plastic hose has a kink in it.  It is kinked so badly that I am worried that it is going to split.  Not sure if this hose originally had a loop in it that has kinked over time or not.  It looks original and the thru hull looks dry rotted. 

Being that this could be a bad situation if it burst, I am going to attempt to replace it.  The pie hole is so small that this will be a fun task........most of the work will have to be done by feel......Anyone else run into this situation?  I am considering putting a valve at the thru hull that can be shut off......just in case down the road.  

Any reason I couldn't use a heavy duty rubber hose in lieu of this ribbed plastic hose?  

Your first order of business should be to replace to small round inspection plate with a large rectangular one.  It will make the work "not as fun a task,"  which will be a big improvement!

This is my 2007 2200V.

IMG_1541.JPG

Definitely change the inspection hole...to a larger one that you can access to the bilge area. As for the ribbed hoses, I've been told they will not collapse as compared to a smooth hose. But, I don't know.....hope this helps, JJ