Saturday morning fishing

JEM

Fished the last 3 hours of the incoming tide with a buddy yesterday morning.  An east wind always seems to be tough on catching.  We managed to keep 16 trout, but it was constantly cranking the big motor to catch 1 or 2.  That was the pattern.  Thanks Minn Kota for the Ulterra!!!!!!  I will never go back to Neanderthal trollers!😀

IMG_1193.JPG

5 hours ago, JEM said:

Fished the last 3 hours of the incoming tide with a buddy yesterday morning.  An east wind always seems to be tough on catching.  We managed to keep 16 trout, but it was constantly cranking the big motor to catch 1 or 2.  That was the pattern.  Thanks Minn Kota for the Ulterra!!!!!!  I will never go back to Neanderthal trollers!😀

IMG_1193.JPG

Your supposed to put the ICE on top of the fish...not next to them :)

Nice catch..but, in all seriousness....there are lots of articles on icing trout, yellowtail, reds, etc. 

I keep mine in the soft cooler in the boat and the fish are ICE brined - 20lbs of ice and 1/2 bucket of salt water when the first keep comes aboard.

The flesh is easier to clean and the quality increased....

DC

Hey Dino,  this picture was taken just before the electric filet knife cranked up and only an hour or two after they were caught.  And only a day or so before they go swimming in some real hot oil!  I ain't had anybody complain in  over 45 years of catching and frying trout .........yet.😀

I do agree with not letting your catch go through a heat, and I can assure you, these didn't!🐠

Archived