Bow TM and fishfinder setup

rubble

Now that I’ve settled in with my new 36v Riptide Ulterra, I’m ready to do a bow moumted fishfinder setup. I did have an old Garmin 498 rigged up with a ducer in the TM but I want to upgrade that to a more high def unit with larger screen. 

Anyone running  bow mount finder with the iPilot?  How did you mount a ducer?  I believe Mike from Master Repair said he could put a ducer in the TM motor. Is that a good option?

Not sure how I can run a ducer on the iPilot setup. Looking for options. Are there any good TM riggers on the west coast in the Naples, Marco, Ft Myers area?  

I've thought about networking but I'd prefer to have a more accurate depth at the bow.  Plus, if I network, that means I'm purchasing all new equipment at front and back along with possibly replacing the existing ducer on the back.  If I were fishing more frequently, that is probably what I'd do.  

Other than routing transducer wires as suggested by MInn Kota, there really isn't an option I'm aware of for saltwater models.

If somebody can put a 'ducer inside the current motor housing, I would sure like to know who and how !

For freshwater, the universal sonar model is an option.  I wonder if the freshwater universal sonar motor housing could be swapped out on the saltwater motor and provide enough room for a 'ducer ?  I assume it's not offered on the salt models due to sealing/corrosion issues.

On the older model I-Pilots you could sneak the wires through the mount in the squared slot in the shaft and keep everything secured & compact, but now that the slot is being used in the manner it was intended, we can't use that "hack".

Archived