Bilge Pump

Lowcountry Joe

About to replace my fourth bilge pump (Rule automatic 1100GPH) and am wondering what people have found to be the most reliable bilge pump. 

Some of the problems I've had with these automatic pumps are : never shutting off, only working manually, etc,   I realize that they have an electronic sensor to determine liquid height and the sensor constantly cycles off and on.

Are the float switch pumps more reliable and durable or am I just destined to buy a new bilge pump every couple of years  ? 

I have a Rule automatic as well. It was doing the same as you described in regards to the "auto" within the first year.  The pump part was working fine so I just added another auto switch.  It has been about 4 years and no more issues.  The switch I put in was a Water Witch.

On 10/15/2017 at 8:31 AM, mulligan said:

I have a Rule automatic as well. It was doing the same as you described in regards to the "auto" within the first year.  The pump part was working fine so I just added another auto switch.  It has been about 4 years and no more issues.  The switch I put in was a Water Witch.

This....bypass the built in switch with a separate float switch. The Rule auto ***!!

Archived