GPS Help

fin-addict

just turned my gps on. last time was just after Irma. garmin 3006c. screen came on but was flickering for a few seconds then went dark. tried several times, screen did not come on. pushed all buttons and only a double beep. think that means ERROR. what do you guys think. cannot get up to back of unit, flush mounted. back problem. can't twist. bad connection or ground. hate to call in a mechanic for something simple. 

Would you get a "double beep" without power or bad ground? I'd call Garmin before a mechanic, they've always been real helpful when I've called, it's free information if nothing else. Plus if it's broke for real they'll cut you a deal on a remanufactured one if you want to go that route. 

14 hours ago, jason p said:

Would you get a "double beep" without power or bad ground? I'd call Garmin before a mechanic, they've always been real helpful when I've called, it's free information if nothing else. Plus if it's broke for real they'll cut you a deal on a remanufactured one if you want to go that route. 

without power no beep, bad ground I would think so as long as there is some power to the unit. yes, garmin very helpful in the past. my problem is getting into the console to check things out. (back issues)

Archived