21MA vs 21 RF

Dobey1

Guys dumb question but in the market for a new sled. Well used of course.

Can anyone explain to me the difference between the 21 Master Angler and a 21 Red Fisher? I love the layout of a 21MA and fished a friends 8 or so years ago. I recall looking to buy a 21 Red Fisher a few years before that.  It has been so long I forget any of the real differences. Any intel would help me understand and narrow my search.

Thank you in advance.

Yep, a bit wider and heard more stable but they are both big boats and stable. The RF is also going to be a few ticks quicker due to its beam and it likes to ride on top. But speed is a wash if it is choppy out.  I’m not sure of the live well Capacity of the MA but the RF has 3 wells and can add a fourth.   Besides the flip up seat I like the RF layout better but that is just me. 

I am not sure where you’re located but I fish the Tarpon Springs area if you want to run around in a RF. 

I've spent a lot of time on both hulls... Redfisher is faster. Maverick rides smoother and is still pretty quick. Both have ample livewell space and storage (more than most boats). 

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I would just shop & find the best deal you can. They are both high demand hulls, so you're going to pay if you want a super clean rig with options.

Josh B.

Archived