Snuck away from work to wet a hook today....

JEM

Haha.  Good eye, JJ.  It was torn up good!  About 30 mins before I used my last shrimp, I fished a large dead shrimp out of the well and put in the baitwell gutter.  After I used the last shrimp, (which I caught a trout on) I grabbed that dead shrimp and stuck him on the hook.  I threw him maybe 20 feet behind the boat.  As soon as it hit the water, a fish grabbed it and took off and got me in the flooded marsh grass.  I can only assume he tore his tail up while I was working him out of the grass.  The 8 lb test mono held and I won that fight.  He got to swim off to fight another day, a little worse for the wear!  The red bite on low tide was as fast as you could chunk a bait in the water.  The trout bite later on on the incoming tide was also as fast as you could chunk a bait in the water!   Reel fun!!!!:D

Yep, and high tides for a couple of weeks.  That is why I called in sick yesterday.  Figured I better fish while the catchin' is good.  After all, I ain't getting any younger!  Not getting any purtier either!  LOL

Let me know when you get back, and we will go try to "phone" 'em up.

Archived