Boat and Trailer Garage Fit

SeaVuPlay

Looking at moving and figuring if some of the houses we are looking at can accommodate a 22 ft Pathfinder and trailer in the garage. Some houses have a 30 ft deep x 10 ft wide x 10 ft high garage. Garage door opening is 9 ft wide, 8 ft high. 

Need some measurements of your rigs,  boat and trailer, length height and width please. Currently my boat (2005 22 Pathfinder TE) is on a lift and I don't have a trailer to measure. Not allowed to park boat or trailer outside house, and can't built awesome garage like prior posts.

Thanks in advance.

I have a 23 HPS on an AmeraTrail trailer. The boat is actually 24 ft. long if you measure from tip of bow to end of transom. It fits through a 10 ft. wide garage door with about 4" clearance on either side. If your boat has a standard windshield and grab-bar, it will easily fit under a 10 ft. high door. The problem is the length of boat, motor, jack plate and trailer. You can always install a knuckle and make the trailer tongue swing. That will save 2 to 3 ft. in length.  I installed a swing tongue on my trailer, so the entire length of my rig with the trailer tongue folded back (boat, jack plate, motor and trailer) is 27 ft. 4 inches.

• Thanks 1

A 22' Pathfinder will fit under a 8' garage door if it's on a Ameratrail trailer because the boat sits between the fenders not on top of the fenders.  I think you will be ok with the 30' depth.

Your problem is the 9' width.  On a trailer, with guides a 22' Pathfinder will be very close to 9' wide.  You will be hard pressed to get a 8'11" wide boat in a 9' wide garage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I have a 22v on a trailer with folding T- Top in my metal building.  I want to say overall length was around 28' but that would really depend on the trailer tongue length.  As for width, I have a 10' wide door and I know when backing in I have maybe 4" on either side.  I don't think a 9' wide opening would work.  As for height mine easily clears my loft which is 97" above the slab.  

• 1 month later...

I have a 2004 24ft pathfinder with jackplate, yamaha 4 stroke 250 and do not have a swing tongue on my trailer....

I am building a house currently and the garage I have set up housing the boat is 22*30 with a double size 8ft door which I thought I was fine with....no after reading this I am not sure, boat is not local for me to measure but looks like I may need to add a foot to the length? 

You are going to be about 27 ft. - 6 in. That is just boat, jack plate and motor. The trailer tongue will add at lease 3 ft. , so now you are at 30 ft. 6 in. and no room to walk in front or back. Not sure I follow you about the garage door width, but you will need at least a 10 ft. wide door.

23 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

You are going to be about 27 ft. - 6 in. That is just boat, jack plate and motor. The trailer tongue will add at lease 3 ft. , so now you are at 30 ft. 6 in. and no room to walk in front or back. Not sure I follow you about the garage door width, but you will need at least a 10 ft. wide door.

16ft wide door.....8ft tall

Im guessing I need to add 3ft then to my length