Cheap 21 Master Angler

flatwater

• 2 weeks later...

So I got in touch with the owner.  He has had lots of lookers on line but only 2 in person.  Marine mechanic went over the boat and stringers and hull are perfect.  Outboard sounds good as I have a video of that he sent me.  The live well in the aft center was repaired as it began to crack not sure how this was completed see pic.  I am trying to set a date to go see it but my next 3 weekends are booked solid.  Plus I need to convince the wife to go to a bigger hull.  After seeing this and the pictures I like what I see and it is in my price range.  This is a lot of boat for the money.  And if it is as stout and sound as I think, this is a great buy. I hope it works out in my favor.  Trailer is in good shape and tires and hubs are solid.  I inquired about the fuel cell and it has not been touched nor flushed or worked on.  He uses this boat mainly in lake waters as a fun boat/leisure ride. 

IMG_1106.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1111.JPG

9 minutes ago, linesider 159 said:

Forget the wife, ask for forgiveness not permission. She will learn to cope.

Also, on a boat like that be prepared to budget 2500 for a rewire and 1k for misc.

PS: I'm not married 

No can do, she is the love of my life.  Anyway, I am good with doing the rewire and misc stuff.  I have the cash put aside for that.

4 minutes ago, RacerxV6 said:

ok, Hull and trailer for let 's say 9K as long as solid is a deal...that's what I am thinking.  they are the second owners and took ownership back in 05 and have had it since..which I think is a plus.  It came out of Ft. Meyers.  Like I said mainly used for leisure.

If you cant buy it for another 3 weeks and haven't talked with the wife, I wouldn't really bother talking numbers and details with the guy yet. 

1 hour ago, RacerxV6 said:

Agreed, and I have not.  I need to get through the next couple weeks and then I will make the move.  I learned my lesson when I went to look at Nag's Smurfette...I still feel terrible about that whole ordeal...

Yeah we all learned a lesson that day.

IMO I would look at this boat like it needs a new motor, trailer and a lot of other stuff not found yet. I can tell from the pics the hull has some gelcoat work that needs repaired in the front. All of that stuff could ad up to 25k easy depending on what you go with. If this is the dream boat you want to be in for 35/40k than its a deal, but at that price you open a whole lot of other options in the market.

Good luck on what ever you decide.

I went and looked at this boat last week. It needs a lot of work. The boat has been painted over the factory gelcoat with regular paint. It has runs in the paint and overspray on the bumper. Total hack job on the paint. Also has two big holes where a dive ladder used to be bolted on back with puddy gobbed in to fill the holes. The owner is not budging off 10k. I would be nervous putting 7-8 into it. It will need totally stripped down and reglassed if you want back to original. 

Archived