Sign in to follow this  
fishmanjj

Post Irma run.......

Went out late Sunday to observe any Irma damage to our area....... lot's of floating docks / and stationary docks gone / big timbers floating in river / big sail boats in marsh areas . Overall though, compared to South Florida......Savannah was spared by the grace of God. 

Running.jpg

That is why I want to wait a few weeks before I get back on the water.  I know my luck.  As soon as I eased the boat up to 40 mph, I would run smack dab over a piece of 12" piling floating just under the surface.  I would then pull out the gun and shoot myself..... 

14 minutes ago, JEM said:

That is why I want to wait a few weeks before I get back on the water.  I know my luck.  As soon as I eased the boat up to 40 mph, I would run smack dab over a piece of 12" piling floating just under the surface.  I would then pull out the gun and shoot myself..... 

There was a lot of stuff up in Turner's Creek , Richardson Creek and Wilmington River....... we decided to just go to a barrier Island, have some lunch, look for a few shark teeth and let the dog run the beach...as you can see.......she chose to sit under the umbrella.

Charley (2).JPG

I need to get down that way and look around.... I was told today that Sunbury landing is closed until further notice, the floating dock and walkway is gone....also, Harris Neck is closed. 

We never took a trip there either. Been near there when staying on sapelo and fishing at Cabretta Bridge but never ran Blackbeard creek and anchored up. I wonder how that will affect Cabretta Inlet and Cabretta Creek since they are so close to the new inlet

JJ,  Sunbury is bad. I rode thru on the way to the sandbar last Sunday. Most all of the docks along Sunbury Cut are severely damaged or gone completely. 

Here's the public ramp. Notice that the dock/party house to the left is completely gone 

IMG_3009.JPG

IMG_3023.MOV