1900V Nearshore Capabilities

Stonehenge

I just purchased a 1900V pathfinder about a month ago.  Have gotten comfortable fishing inshore with it and am wanting to venture out of the inlet (St. Augustine and Jacksonville).  I have grown up on boats and fishing but it has been limited to inshore or lake fishing.  I would like to fish along the beach, shrimp boats, and some near shore reefs if possible.  How capable is the 1900V for running up and down the beaches and/or going off shore a little?  Any suggestions, recommendations, or things I should be considering? 

after you stuff the bow a few times and see 100 gallons of water come over bow and out the back, you'll get a better idea of what to expect. Just make sure the cooler under the leaning post is strapped down..........otherwise it will float out the back.  "ask me how I know" ?   yes.........i've been there, done that.   It's no fun. If you do that, just make sure to keep the boat in gear, slow idle and nose into the swells......the boat will eventually drain and then you can clean your pants. 

1 hour ago, fishmanjj said:

after you stuff the bow a few times and see 100 gallons of water come over bow and out the back, you'll get a better idea of what to expect. Just make sure the cooler under the leaning post is strapped down..........otherwise it will float out the back.  "ask me how I know" ?   yes.........i've been there, done that.   It's no fun. If you do that, just make sure to keep the boat in gear, slow idle and nose into the swells......the boat will eventually drain and then you can clean your pants. 

scary stuff

I've been caught off the coast of Cedar Key (not far) in a squall, with water spouts and all the good stuff that comes with it...I'm 6'3" and had white caps at eye level. I thought we were going down that day, pulled the scupper plugs, nosed into the mess and worked the throttle in time with the swell. After about 20 minutes, things went back to normal. I took off my pfd and jumped overboard to clean my britches.  

Dont know a real number on swell period...depends on size too, I suppose. I usually poke my nose out, look around and go from there. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 8:47 AM, fishmanjj said:

Very scary stuff. I did that in my 2200 when it was a week old. You will learn quickly how to feather the throttle and not push it too hard when the swell or chop is up. 

Archived