Advice on Re-Installing Poling Platfrom - 98 18' MA

mblanar33

Looking for some help/advice on reinstalling the poling platform on an 18 Maverick Master Angler. I believe the original install method was lag bolted into the transom. The original lag bolts have obviously been removed so I'm wondering if there is still enough "meat" there for another install. Also, I would much rather have a through bolted connection but I know clearances to work are an issue in this area. I was thinking I could make a backing plate out of 1/8" galvanized plate and weld lock nuts onto this plate so essentially the through bolting process would be easier. 

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

On 9/16/2017 at 11:24 AM, mblanar33 said:

Looking for some help/advice on reinstalling the poling platform on an 18 Maverick Master Angler. I believe the original install method was lag bolted into the transom. The original lag bolts have obviously been removed so I'm wondering if there is still enough "meat" there for another install. Also, I would much rather have a through bolted connection but I know clearances to work are an issue in this area. I was thinking I could make a backing plate out of 1/8" galvanized plate and weld lock nuts onto this plate so essentially the through bolting process would be easier. 

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

POST NUMEROUS PICTURES OF YOUR DECK, THE POLING PLATFORM, SOME PICS OF IT SITTING ON THE DECK, ETC.

THIS WILL PROVIDE A VISUAL OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT.

DC

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2017 at 3:06 PM, Wanaflatsfish said:

POST NUMEROUS PICTURES OF YOUR DECK, THE POLING PLATFORM, SOME PICS OF IT SITTING ON THE DECK, ETC.

THIS WILL PROVIDE A VISUAL OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT.

DC

The poling platform is the factory platform as shown in the attached picture. It goes on a 18 Master Angler. I am curious as to what hardware you guys are using to install the mounts to the transom as well as the mounts that go on the deck. My original platform was removed due to welds breaking. Now that I have the welds fixed I wanted some help on how to re-install. Hope his helps. Thanks guys 

IMG_6768.JPG

if like the RF, very difficult to thru bolt.  Upsize the lag bolts (in fact I drilled and added 2 more in the transom plates).. fill with 4200.     When we removed to modify the guy that put back on used the old lags.. it was super wobbly!   So that's when we fixed with thicker lags and 4200.

Archived