Master Angler Production

Nag Juice

On September 18, 2017 at 4:09 PM, fsusteve said:

it's 100% ride and capability, I've had mine 5 years and it still impresses me every trip.

I never understood all the "hype" around the MA17, until I now own one....hard for me to understand why anyone would have sold theirs, unless they are going 80/20 polling...to stalk the flats...

I have rigged mine with three captain chairs....one behind the console and one to right, with one on the console...it's super comfortable and if it get's snotty for two anglers in a quartering seas on the starboard side, the angler can move to the middle and I can adjust the entry with the tabs....unless it's really blowing, you rarely get wet...as well, on my last two trips to Choko, I had a nice 10-15 MPH NE wind and got a good bit of white caps coming home...we ran directly into it at 27-28 mph, which was comfortable...when sitting, I find i don't feel the beating as much as I did with my 22 Pathy, when standing it....

My only negative is the draft...because of the deep V  - it drafts a good 12", not a big deal, just have to be careful where you set it down, if it's mud...you are gona b sucking in a bit and waiting for the tide...

Layout and storage very ample and it handle very nimbly...

It will, I hope, be my last skiff....I only paid $11.5 (thank you again ConOcean for calling me), and I've put about $2K in engine repairs and trailer tires, etc...I stripped the power poles, etc. from the previous skiff, along with electronics and batteries, and she's golden and ready to go for another 5 years (I hope)...she's got the original 1995 engine....which has been running well until last week when i had an oil pump issue...but, not big deal...easy peasy to repair.

I'll be off the water for a few weekends as I want to do some further upgrades and repairs.....so, I'll post some pics soon.

dc

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, whichwaysup said:

They just get better and better.   Beautiful Pic, Pondfisher.   BTW, I always enjoy reading your reports in the W.central section - been awhile though (nudge, nudge)

Thanks.  That's actually an older pic but I can't seem to figure out how to post vertical pics on this forum anymore! :(

Yeah I've been a little slack on the posts lately.  Have gotten so deep into fly fishing that don't always have post worthy stuff which used to almost always come with bait fishing.  Got plenty of big bluegill and bass on fly pics if you're into that, lol!

Here's a more current pic of the sled.

pf

Maverick @ Ft. Desoto Boat Ramp 2 - horizontal.jpg

• Like 2

Hah - That would explain it.  You can always tell when I have been flyfishing - Lot's of sunrise and sunset pics . . . not so many fish pics.   The other day, I managed a brand new level of flyfishing misery - a fast tide pulled my extra line down under the boat and wrapped it in my slowly-spinning prop.   While I'm untangling that disaster (up on the poling platform, hanging over), I feel the OTHER end of my line suddenly tighten.  WTH??    Somehow, the other end of the line managed to find my trolling motor, which was on Spotlock and was gobbling up my line as fast as it could.  

It's hell, I tell you.  HELL.   And yet, given the chance, I put down the fish-catching rods and pick up the torture stick.  

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/6/2020 at 8:21 AM, Snookman10 said:

If they make the MA again they need to build it like the hpx with vacuum infusion and Kevlar so it can still get shallow and be better than the hewes

*When

They were built with VARIS and Kevlar(some more than others I believe) for several years...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

With all the wishful chatter about a possible Master Angler comeback, and the tireless hunt for used MAs, in good condition, by adoring fans - it's about time that we all hear the truth about what happened to the molds for the MA 17, MA 18, and MA 21.  Do they still exist, or are they gone forever (destroyed)?  Could they be purchased?  If they are still around, would a limited number of Special Edition - Commemorative models (remakes) be a good idea?  A specific production run, by special order only, and some sort of promotional publicity contest, where the winner gets Special Edition Hull #1 off the line?  Not for free of course.

Skip?

Edited by geeviam
Are the molds available for sale?

• 3 months later...

I have an 08 21 MA Kevlar hull. Been trying to figure out it’s worth.  It has a 225 pro sx 2014 with about 350hrs. Great boat. I Always knew maverick was a good flats boat but when I stumbled across this 21 I didn’t know anything about it other then she looked sexy. I Have had her for about 5 years now. Was thinking about selling. But it has been hard to figure out what she is worth. Any suggestions ?