Checking in on our Florida Members

whichwaysup

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at E City the last couple of weekends, de mucking my place and our neighbors.  I have to applaud the people down there because that place is a wreck and everyone is beat down but hard after it and working together to salvage what they have left and are helping each other as much as possible.  This last weekend, was better, we had electricity and water to clean with.  Plenty of drinking water now but the cleanup is still tedious and slow, they need to get the trash picked up simply to help people feel better too.  That was difficult to see...  and its everywhere.  If anyone can go help those folks out check in at the city complex when you head in. 

my clean up was just completed yesterday including the boat which was in the water and had no damage at all. I would just like to thank this forum for remarks passed in a post about seeing boats being trailered, going fishing at times like this when so many are in need of help. I had a charter trip planned with my son in the keys for the second week of October. was really looking forward to it as the trip was in memory of my wife and fishing for the fish she liked best, permit and bones.

I spoke to my son and decided to cancel the trip. deposits being refunded and money allotted for the trip will go to my local neighbors who are in much need of help. along with that the time spent on that trip, my son and I are going to use those days to help anyone we can in any way.  

what comes around, goes around, you all were there for me when I needed it most in my life. now it's my turn to give back as I have been trying to do  throughout this past year when possible.  

thanks to those who opened my eyes with that post.

sincere regards

dave, aka, fin  :D:x

I was thinking about doing a trip to the keys next month.  The small resort I stay at is open and looks like they need some guest.  By going I would be supporting the local economy that is open for business.  My favorite restaurant is opening on the 4th., Chief Michael's.  They also need dollars from the tourist like me.  I'll be towing my boat.        

Here is a pic of the house I have been renting in the Keys every year. 75st Ocean Marathon. My neighbor down there sent these to me. They got about 3 feet of water in the down stairs and some roof damage. He said the homes at the front of the canal got hit hard. 5 feet of surge with 6 plus foot waves coming on top of the surge.

QE4zZJa.jpg

This is the end of the canal. Notice the seawall is gone from the one home

smssJah.jpg

Archived