1900V Cushion Storage Lid Covers

Stonehenge

I have a 1900V.  Like all, they have the cushioned lid covers up front.  I stumbled across an add on C-List with a person selling there 1900v with a hard lid covers.  I contacted him asking where he got them and was told he was unsure, but believed the original owner had them custom made.

Any idea if they are custom made or is this something I can purchase?  Would like to do this to mine.

1900 Lids.jpg

1900V Lid 2.jpg

1900V Lid.jpg

On September 9, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Moderator said:

This is close...

The hatches on the 1900's had cushions fitted over the lid structures till 2004.  In 2005, The new 2000 had the hard hatch lids with no cushions. I do not think the hatch lids are interchangeable..

Not sure of the chronology on the 2200 hatch lids.

M

Are you indicating what is shown in photos is under cushions?  I believe what is shown being flush with main deck is likely not under the cushions but could be wrong.  I really like what's shown in the photos.  Looks factory, could it be hatch covers from 2000V ?

4 hours ago, BradM said:

Didn't take too long and wasn't all that difficult. I bet you've spent more time waxing that T than it does to make a set of those hatch lids. 😂

Hahaha. You're probably right, Brad! But you haven't seen me fabricate anything before. I can maintain/rebuild most anything with a little thought and instruction, but give me something to make/fabricate/build from scratch, and I'm just not good at it.

3 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Hahaha. You're probably right, Brad! But you haven't seen me fabricate anything before. I can maintain/rebuild most anything with a little thought and instruction, but give me something to make/fabricate/build from scratch, and I'm just not good at it.

Me either! I took the upholstery off my old cushions and used the base for a template. I traced it onto the Starboard and got busy with my jig saw. Go slow and use a "skeleton" blade to keep heat down. Be mindful of the handedness on each side, and mirror the pieces accordingly. I went with new compression latches from Gemlux and friction hinges too. So far, so good! My biggest concern was adhering the Seadek to the Starboard. I scuffed up the top side with 80 grit, wiped it down with acetone, stuck my Seadek on slowly, leaving a little "fat" to trim. Cleaned up the edges with a router and, wa-la!! 

On 9/10/2017 at 8:30 PM, Stonehenge said:

Are you indicating what is shown in photos is under cushions?  I believe what is shown being flush with main deck is likely not under the cushions but could be wrong.  I really like what's shown in the photos.  Looks factory, could it be hatch covers from 2000V ?

No.. That fiberglass hatch is not under the cushions.  The hatches you have are pretty much flat on the bottom, right ?

The hard hatches have a raised rim around the cap base to keep out the water..

The Starboard and seadeck retro looks very good..

M-1

Archived