Prop for a 2007 2200 XL TE with a Yamaha 2007 F250 TXR

Viking

I have a 2007 2200 XL TE with a Yamaha 2007 F250 TXR.  I am not sure of what manufacturer the original prop is because it does not have any name on it, I think it is a Yamaha.  On the center hub it has the following: 14 1/2 X 21-M1.  On other spots on the prop it has stamped 21M , 2254 and 3599.  The prop is a 3 blade stainless steel prop.  At 3500 RPM I was cruising at 25 MPH and at 4000 RPM my speed was 30 MPH.  Unfortunately I did not ever floor the throttle to see what max RPM I was getting and the speed before I spun the hub.  I do not have a T-Top and everything else on the boat is standard.  I usually fish with 2 people on the boat with no more than 30 gallons of fuel on board.

What prop and pitch would you recommend?  I would like to use the prop I have now if that is possible to keep costs low.  If you think I should go with a new prop what manufacturer would you recommend and specs.

Thanks!

If your prop is otherwise in good shape, I would first have a new hub pressed in.  Then I would check the top rpm and speed.  Then you will know if you need to look at a different prop.  But, a 21 pitch 3 blade sounds like it should be an awfully close fit for your rig!  Get back to us when you have a chance to open it up and let us know the max rpm and speed.

Archived