Sign in to follow this  
AMJ

Starting Battery

I have an F-115 four stroke Yamaha.  What kind of cranking amps do I need on the starting batter?  I put a new battery in a while back, but want to make sure the battery is strong enough.  I'm not the original owner, so I don't have the manual to the motor.

Just bought a 1000 cca battery from Sam's two weeks ago. If your going with maintenance free wet cell battery, that's about as high a cca as you will find. It was $80. 1000 cca will all you will need, for sure.

You can check out and down load the Yamahe manual on line type in Yamaha and 115  4 stroke  . site  stating PDF  115 - F115 owners Manual . Page 10 gives  Battery Min. requirements !  I just installed Deka 24  group  Starting  battery for 130 2 stroke  ,1000 cca plenty reserve  power if weight isn't issue go with 27 group  Stick to  a Cranking / Starting  Battery  ,  Lead plate configuration. Is different  than standard Deep cycle, that in designed for lower draw over longer period of time .. 

• Like 1

Their certainly good batteries Drummer, mine was over 4 years old when I bought my boat  sat over a year and still held a charge  ,but knew it could go at any tine Went with Deka  simply because others here recommended it an Yamaha dealer confirmed. Will be replaceing my two Optimas their no longer holding a charge after  5 years plus ,  would have never believed it