Dangles_Mcgee

Hey All,

I just bought my first boat, it is a 1992 Hewes Bonefisher and I couldn't be more excited. I have been saving and shopping around for about a year and finally pulled the trigger. That being said there are two issues I am somewhat worried about. In the pictures you can see these cracks that are on the transom and one of them has some glue or something all over it, the seller said it was nothing structural. I am worried that it might be something bad. Can you guys shed some light on what you think? I know the picture are kinda lousy I was in a hurry when I took them. I can take more next week if needed. Thanks for the help.

20170901_130802.thumb.jpg.2b6218d1814e2c4d1ca165e3a0e87b25.jpg  20170901_130754.thumb.jpg.ab54a426b01d35438ebd767dd215662a.jpg

The fact that the goo on top of the crack carried the exact same line of the original crack probably means there is a propblem. As stated above you need to have it checked out. You need to grind into the glass to see why it's cracking and then glass it back in. 

The goo covered crack looks worse than the other pic. 

• 2 months later...

Archived