Boat Covers Direct . com

conocean

I'm looking for some feedback here.... 

My friend ordered a Sun-Dura cover for his HPX-S and he highly recommends it, especially because it's a quarter of the price of a custom cover. 

Have any of you ordered a cover from this company? If so, what color & material did you choose (Poly-guard, Sun-Dura or Sunbrella)?? Pros & Cons??? 

Thanks! 

Have a Carver made from Sundura which is well made for the price and seems to be a durable material. Previously had Carver made from the duck cotton material which lasted about 10 years (not in direct sun).

As linesider said, Google the part number for better prices. They are all drop shipped from the factory anyway so it doesn't really matter where you buy. Got mine from go2marine. Tip: put the item in your shopping cart, enter your name email but don't check-out. Let it sit there for maybe an hour or so and many of the sites will automatically email you a coupon to get you to complete the sale.

I recently purchased a Sunbrella console cover and a Sun Dura leaning post cover.  I wish I would have spent the extra few dollars on the Sunbrella leaning post cover. The Sun Dura doesn't breath as well as the Sunbrella and the inside has almost like a plastic coating the sticks to the vinyl. The inside is starting to mold a little bit and the seat vinyl will start to show mold after a couple weeks with some rain showers.

Great info Guy's I've been wanting to find one for my 1996 MA 17 '  . But since I kept her under a  12 X 20 portable car port. Other wanted upgrades for her were more important  .  Is it better to get  one that covers the polling platform , or that leaves It exposed .  Should I look for one with center supports and a venting system .  I have several  instrument fans I've used to air out the budge could use them . They should help circulation and assist in lowering over temp,  And like CONOCEAN  ask what color . Or Which seem to hide dirt or faded the least  from your alls experance Tks again

• 2 months later...

I went with the Sundura model cover in light gray thru iboats.com

It fits really nicely for a cookie cutter production cover. Goes over top of my tower, pp & motor. Only takes 5 minutes to put it on. No leaks and easy to get in & out of boat by unfastening a few cords. Hard to beat for $329! 

Quality seems good. My friend who has same cover on his HPX has gotten 3 years of use out of his so far and it's just starting to show wear. Hoping for the same results after two or three summers here in south FL. 

22 minutes ago, conocean said:

I went with the Sundura model cover in light gray thru iboats.com

It fits really nicely for a cookie cutter production cover. Goes over top of my tower, pp & motor. Only takes 5 minutes to put it on. No leaks and easy to get in & out of boat by unfastening a few cords. Hard to beat for $329! 

Quality seems good. My friend who has same cover on his HPX has gotten 3 years of use out of his so far and it's just starting to show wear. Hoping for the same results after two or three summers here in south FL. 

Woooaaaah der Cowboy !!!

You mean you didn't get a CUSTOM COVER THAT FITS YOUR BOAT LIKE A GLOVE FOR $1500 ? Why not?  Man, if you can't afford a custom boat cover....you need to get out of boating....NOW !!! (LOL)....Touche Bro :)

DC

1 hour ago, conocean said:

You’re comparing a watermelon to a lime, Dino! Trailer is a necessity for your boat & where it spends 90% (or more) of its life. Cover is just a luxury. Nice try :P

Boat is exposed to the elements 100% of its life. Cover is not a luxury in my book. Every boat I have owned has been garaged or under cover.

1 hour ago, conocean said:

You’re comparing a watermelon to a lime, Dino! Trailer is a necessity for your boat & where it spends 90% (or more) of its life. Cover is just a luxury. Nice try :P

5 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Woooaaaah der Cowboy !!!

You mean you didn't get a CUSTOM COVER THAT FITS YOUR BOAT LIKE A GLOVE FOR $1500 ? Why not?  Man, if you can't afford a custom boat cover....you need to get out of boating....NOW !!! (LOL)....Touche Bro :)

DC

This is getting fun.  Where is the happy face with the popcorn emoticon thingy?   

So, conocean, boats with shiny trailers get stolen more often, what about boat covers?  Any more or less?  

BTW, for those who DO have the scratch for a nice cover, I'll say again what I've said before - I've always gone relatively cheap on my covers in the past, but now am the proud (and of course second hand) owner of a custom cover.  Guy told me it was a 1300 cover when he bought it new.  I don't know if that's true, but it's worth its weight in gold.  Built in supports, perfect fit, easy on/off, water proof, fits like a glove, looks like it is part of the boat.  

Now, if only I had an Ameritrail to go under the boat, I'd be really styling. . . . 

Not certain about how boat covers affect boats being stolen as I don’t believe I’ve ever seen stats on that but it’s a good question! 

I had a custom cover for my MA and I loved it. It fit that boat about the same as the production cover I purchased for my HPX in Sept but it was more user friendly because it had a vent for air flow & side door zipper to get in & out of the boat with ease. I run a small fan under my current cover to deter mold & mildew. 

Yes you would be totally stylin with a custom Ameratrail under your 18MA. B|

On 12/8/2017 at 2:41 PM, conocean said:

Not certain about how boat covers affect boats being stolen as I don’t believe I’ve ever seen stats on that but it’s a good question! 

I had a custom cover for my MA and I loved it. It fit that boat about the same as the production cover I purchased for my HPX in Sept but it was more user friendly because it had a vent for air flow & side door zipper to get in & out of the boat with ease. I run a small fan under my current cover to deter mold & mildew. 

Yes you would be totally stylin with a custom Ameratrail under your 18MA. B|

I have custom cover for the HPS. I do the same and keep a fan blowing all summer long.. this reduces heat and keeps mold from happening.. Now I have trailer, the boat is going north instead. 

Boat Covers Direct has always done well with my boats. They fit the models as advertised. I have always added the ventilation accessory to help cut down the mildew. In FL if you are unable to store inside, a cover is essential if you want to protect from the sun and other elements.

Archived