Trim Tab Question

JeffD

Just a quick question regarding the sturdiness of the trim tabs on my 2300 HPS.  While I mostly fish saltwater areas that are for the most part void of any underwater obstructions,  I still like fishing freshwater lakes and reservoirs (Toledo Bend) but have been reluctant to do so for fear of ripping off the trim tabs on the first stump I roll over when getting off of the boat lanes.  I've been told that the tabs are as strong as the hull bottom but just wanted check with other owners to find out if they fish similar waters and what has been their experience in stump filled lakes and reservoirs.  Any feed back is appreciated.  

I would think the hull would be ok.   I have fished Toledo Bend numerous times in fiberglass bass boats where we encountered under water stumps as we left the boat lanes which left only minor scratches to the hull bottom.  I was just concerned about the weight of the boat being placed on the tabs if they came in contact with a stump.     Thx for the feedback HoneyB.  

Archived