Release well plumbing

SoCalChilio

Does the release well already have a drain and standpipe? If so, then half the work is already done. It's just a matter of installing a 3/4' "Tee" on the riser from the sea-chest, then attach the existing pump to one side of the "T" and the new pump to the other side. Run the hose up hill all the way to the release well, with no level or downhill turns. Use "Boat-Life" white caulk on all threaded fittings and on the barbed fitting where the hose connects to the pump and release well.

On 8/30/2017 at 6:10 AM, Bamaskeet said:

Most 2200V have the release well plumbed.  Some also have a recirculating system installed.

i suggest you look at a couple of 2200V.

I have two 2200V's, 2005 and 2006, neither one of those had the factory option plumbing installed.  

The release well only has the drain into the bilge.  I have installed an overflow into the transom well and it works well, I just need to finish the supply line to the well.

1 hour ago, SoCalChilio said:

I have two 2200V's, 2005 and 2006, neither one of those had the factory option plumbing installed.  

The release well only has the drain into the bilge.  I have installed an overflow into the transom well and it works well, I just need to finish the supply line to the well.

Are you sure the release well drains into the bilge?  Both my 2000V and 2200V drain overboard under the transom.

Installing a pump should not be hard from the sea chest to the release well.

Archived