MBG- Watch Us GROW again!

slyshon

Very pleased to share the great news about a major expansion here at Maverick Boat Group, manufacturer of Maverick, Hewes, Pathfinder and Cobia boats.

We have purchased 38 acres here in St. Lucie County, FL, the steel is on order and the concrete trucks are warming up. Phase 1 will be 132,000 square feet, phase 2 will add another 145,000 sf of manufacturing space.

We are now actively hiring here, we are well prepared to hire, train and provide great job opportunities here in the local area. MBG provides health insurance, profit sharing, 401K and a great average hourly wage.

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/loc...rce/567001001/

On behalf of the entire team here at MBG, a big THANK YOU to our past, current and future friends/ customers who have made this expansion possible. We very much appreciate the continued support!

Much more to come on this in the very near future.

Skip Lyshon
Maverick Boat Group

IMG_2761.JPG

24 minutes ago, NCTribute said:

Wow, over a quarter million square ft of manufacturing space is a pretty big footprint. Congrats!

Yes it is!  Our current facility is only 66,000sf.  Plan to continue to build the smaller, 25' and under here and move the larger units to the new facility, along with quite a few planned new models!

Skip

1 hour ago, slyshon said:

Yes it is!  Our current facility is only 66,000sf.  Plan to continue to build the smaller, 25' and under here and move the larger units to the new facility, along with quite a few planned new models!

Skip

Any chance there is a resurrection of the Master Angler in those plans?? :)

LOL - Nag, I figured and wanted to beat you to the punch.   It's funny, I was sitting here daydreaming about a new MA coming out and thinking about what I"d want different about mine.   

I honestly came up blank.  It's a fish catching, all weather, wide envelope fishing machine.  And darned fine to look at too.  

Great to see MBC expanding.  The fact that the classifieds on here are loaded with 20+ year old boats still getting upwards of 15-20K says a lot about the companies products.   

Old "MBC" story most of you are too young to relate to. I bought my first Hewes in '94 from Family Boating Center in Tampa, the following year, '95 or '96 not sure, MBC had a "Shallow Water Expo" ( I think that was the name) at their facility in Ft. Pierce and they had celebrities like Flip, Lefty, Chico and many others, plus vendors and tours of the plant! Needless to say I was in hog heaven, still to this day I remember the hospitality and great time. That's what got me started and still a rather large MBG fan to this day. 

Congrats to all the MBG family!!

Don - great story.  How cool would it be to get a forum Meet and Greet around the grand opening?   I've only met a few of you regulars in person, but feel like long time friends with many.   Heck, I wouldn't even have my current boat if it hadn't been for some of the guys on here checking it out for me.

I've always felt like MBG under leverages the longevity of their boats.  Would be pretty cool to have the drive into the new facility lined with vintage models that are still out there stalking fish.   When you drive in and see 30 year old versions of the newer models, it says a lot about the quality of the workmanship, the value they maintain, and the expertise of a company that has been building boats for over a quarter of a century.  

3 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Don - great story.  How cool would it be to get a forum Meet and Greet around the grand opening?   I've only met a few of you regulars in person, but feel like long time friends with many.   Heck, I wouldn't even have my current boat if it hadn't been for some of the guys on here checking it out for me.

I've always felt like MBG under leverages the longevity of their boats.  Would be pretty cool to have the drive into the new facility lined with vintage models that are still out there stalking fish.   When you drive in and see 30 year old versions of the newer models, it says a lot about the quality of the workmanship, the value they maintain, and the expertise of a company that has been building boats for over a quarter of a century.  

That would be one nostalgic trophy room.

Archived