POWERTECH OFX19 3 BLADE

NGTII

You are correct that they don't recommend ported props on SHO's. That being said, I have owned quite a few ported power techs and ran them on my SHO with no issues. The porting on your OFX will be 3/8" if I had to guess, which in my opinion isn't going to be noticeable. Some props like the worked Bravo's with dual PVS ports drilled will certainly make a difference but in this case I think it is fine on a SHO. I ended up using the exact same prop on my 2200 with a SHO with great results.   

I'm gonna try and talk to Powertech tomorrow. I currently have an ox4 20 and I'm just not getting close to 6000 rpms. Turning around 53-5500 on light loads. 51-5200 with heavy loads. On a great day with perfect conditions I can dial it in an get 56-5700. 

Holeshot is awesome though even with the tower weight

4 hours ago, JEM said:

For a 250 SHO, in my opinion, you are definetely over propped.  Going from a 4 blade 20 to a 3 blade 19 might get you where you need to be.  I am turning the OFX3 19, and light, my 225 SHO will turn 5900-6000.  

and JEM's 2200v with the 225 SHO requires goggles to be worn. The first time I went with him I nearly lost a pair of $250 Costa's because I slightly turned my head while he was running about 60 mph.

2 hours ago, fishmanjj said:

and JEM's 2200v with the 225 SHO requires goggles to be worn. The first time I went with him I nearly lost a pair of $250 Costa's because I slightly turned my head while he was running about 60 mph.

His boat is the identical setup I had and it is VERY fun to drive. You can literally throw someone from the seat if they aren't hanging on. 

1 hour ago, CG RYAN said:

His boat is the identical setup I had and it is VERY fun to drive. You can literally throw someone from the seat if they aren't hanging on. 

Hey Ryan, you are correct.  I have to be very careful when applying throttle, or I can sling somebody from their seat.  HAHA

Congratulations on your new ride.  It is mighty bad looking!!!!  You have come far since your days of boating around in a meek, mild, understated, modestly appointed 2200V!  I am sure you will love it!!!!  And the F300 is the best ever produced by Yamaha, IMHO.

22 hours ago, JEM said:

Hey Ryan, you are correct.  I have to be very careful when applying throttle, or I can sling somebody from their seat.  HAHA

Congratulations on your new ride.  It is mighty bad looking!!!!  You have come far since your days of boating around in a meek, mild, understated, modestly appointed 2200V!  I am sure you will love it!!!!  And the F300 is the best ever produced by Yamaha, IMHO.

Thanks Bud. I am really liking the new rig but I have loved them all really. The F300 is impressive and the digital controls are simply amazing. 

• 1 month later...

Archived