Transducer Mounting Location 18 HPX

Thanks Boomer,

That's exactly how I've mounted mine in the past on other boats. The Maverick has an interesting step in the hull near the drain plug. My question is whether anyone on the forum has ever used this pocket in the hull to mount a transducer? I'm open to any suggestions or comments about whether this would be a good or bad location. Here's a picture of where I was considering mounting the transducer.

BeachBum

20170822_095628.jpg

I would think there would be substantial turbulence in the pocket,  you want a clean shot of water coming off the hull.  I mounted the transducer on the same spot in the first picture on 2 boats and get great reception at all speeds on both boats.  You may want to consider a spray supresser made by Garmin.  Both my boats threw a ton of spray on the motor before installing the supresser. It's about 20 bucks and simple install on the same screw used for the transducer.

Polliwog,

You're spot on. I spoke with my dealer, and a gentleman at Maverick who both felt it would "disrupt the flow of water to the motor", as you mentioned.  Thanks for your input. It looks like it's going to be the standard mounting location for me. I'll also look into the spray supresser you mentioned. I hadn't heard of that before.

BeachBum

Archived