No longer boatless....

CG RYAN

I ended up selling my 2400TE in the beginning of July and have been boatless since then. Although it was only just over a month I was going crazy not having a boat, during the summer, with my kids out of school. I lined up another boat but had to put down a deposit and wait a few weeks to pick it up due to scheduling issues between the seller and I. I ended up driving to North Carolina last week from Houston to buy what is the "perfect" boat for me and my family. I will be adding more pictures shortly but I only have a couple right now. I was able to put the boat through its paces this weekend and it is truly awesome in every respect for my needs. For those who see good deals and are afraid to drive, don't be! This boat has spent most of its life on a lake in NC and is insanely clean. With only 120 hours there is not a rust spot in any hatch and I could eat out of the bilge. This is my 5th M/H/P boat and no matter how many times I look at other boats i always come back. The 2400 TRS is a lot more refined than the 2400 TE I recently sold. The boat is very solid, the rear seats are awesome, and there is even more storage. The F300 is more fuel efficient than my F250 was as well. One thing that I am very impressed with is the fiberglass cooler seat. The cooler holds a ton of ice and the seat is big enough for two adults. I know the TRS is not the latest and greatest but it is perfect for my family. Plenty more pics to follow.     

YvjAuQy.jpg

5Gmfqq3.jpg

XKexe9m.jpg

jtDL3xB.jpg

I gave the motor a fresh polish and wax this morning before going out. I am really loving the black.  

qrX8MJn.jpg

Congrats on the New  sled. My boat is the 2200trs but I can comment that the seats get used a lot! People love them. When I bought my boat I was not sure they would be used. Secondly that fiberglass Cooler is a awesome piece. It holds ice well and a lot of drinks and snacks! 

Very nice!  The black looks great.  I've always wondered if the black powder coating gets too hot to touch??

And I know the feeling.  We've been boatless since October!  We are building a new house.  Current house is up for sale, as soon as it sells I'm going to be looking hard.  Leaning towards a 2600 TRS at the moment.

Enjoy the time on the water with your family!

28 minutes ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Congratulations CG, that's one beautiful boat. What's that gizmo on the hull (under the bow eye)???? 

The boat was originally built to be a tender but it never happened. I'll probably end up removing it at some point but for now it's just a shiny piece on the bow. 

9 minutes ago, smooth move said:

that's a beautiful rig, congratulations. you coasties must be doing much better these days. Lol.

Haha! I guess I can't complain. My wife is cheap and it helps me save money to buy important things, like boats. It took a lot of saving on my part but having the boat paid for is probably my favorite part about it! 

1 hour ago, northernsnooker said:

Very nice!  The black looks great.  I've always wondered if the black powder coating gets too hot to touch??

And I know the feeling.  We've been boatless since October!  We are building a new house.  Current house is up for sale, as soon as it sells I'm going to be looking hard.  Leaning towards a 2600 TRS at the moment.

Enjoy the time on the water with your family!

Thanks! The black actually doesn't get hot in my opinion. I thought the same but I can honestly say it wasn't bad at all this weekend and I hold onto the t top a lot. Also it has been blazing hot here in TX so I know it was perfect test conditions. I didn't think I would be a fan of having a t top but I can say that it is awesome. 

Archived