Sign in to follow this  
flatsdoctor

Ketchikan rockfish (Alaska)

Had a trip planned to Alaska that due to personal injuries had to change from an adventure to a cruise. Still able to watch Patty catch some fish and cook it at a fish campfire 

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

I flew into Ketchikan the first of July and fished with Sportsman's Cove Lodge on Prince of Wales Island,  caught many halibut, yellow eye rockfish, cod, and all species of salmon.  I would highly recommend Sportsman's as I have never seen a better run outfit, you want for nothing and the people and fishing were great.

Beautiful and majestic country !!

We were supposed to do some more remote lodge fishing, but due to my accident I couldn't do most of our planned adventures

Beautiful and majestic for sure.  Too bad about the injury hope you are on the mend.  This was a bucket list trip my buds and I had talked about for awhile and totally worth the wait.Alaska.thumb.jpg.8b2eebcfe8e3d19ab07776b8d8d608b8.jpg

Check out the Waterfall Resort. You leave Ketchikan by float plane and fly in. We caught tons of Kings, halibut, ling cod, and a few silvers. It's a beautiful place to fish. We went in July.  Warning - it never really gets dark. Bring some eye shades so you can sleep!