2200 TE - Replacing Livewell Pumps

HarleyG8r

The livewell pumps in my 2005 2200 TE are on their last legs; one is cracked and I believe they're all original to the boat. Looking for tips & suggestions from people who have replaced theirs. The main issue is the style of Rule pump that is currently installed is no longer manufactured, and the newer style looks like it won't fit in the same configuration. How are y'all dealing with this? Using a bronze 90 to turn the pumps upright? Using a different pump manufacturer? Eliminating the strainers to give myself more room to play with? (Not sure that I get much benefit from the strainers, and they seem like a possible failure point). Open to any ideas and pictures from anyone who's gone through this before.

IMG_7856.JPG

baitwell pump.jpg

I had the same boat and yes those are the original pumps. Mine were replaced with the ones you have shown. It's a very tight fit but it can be done. I'll try and find a pic. Don't raise the level of the pumps as they need to stay below the water line of the boat to function properly. Leave the strainers unless you fish where there is NO GRASS. 

Like I said, it's tight!

IMG_1503.JPGV

The good thing about the new pumps is the you can pull up on the housing and lock it allowing you to tighten it while the top bulky part of the pump to swing free or still rather. This is so you don't have to twist the entire pump to get it screwed in. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived