2500 LP Livewell; To get or not to get?

NPRedfisher18

To the 2500 owners out there:

I'm trying to build my wish list on the 2500. So this question is regarding livewells. Do those of you without the Leaning post livewell find yourselves wishing for more capacity? Not sure if 35 gallons is enough. I like the idea of having the cushy seating with the tackle station. But, I don't want to run out of Livewell space out there either. Guess you can't have your cake and eat it too. So, thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

What Skip said. I spend most of my time fishing so the comfy seat wasn't that big of a loss for me.

I'm also on the west coast and carry as much bait as I can get. It's also nice to be able to split up bait in case there is livewell issues you don't lose all the bait.

I opted for the "release well" in the port stern locker. Not sure of the gallon capacity but it held a bunch of bait the other day and kept it alive all day. Between that and the 35 gallon well I think I'm good. And I got a comfy seat. :) I did point the fill nozzle toward the drain on the release well. It kept baits from fouling the drain. 

Here is the release well. Using the scientific method of filling it with a bucket I measured about 12 gallons. The only issue I see with this well is that it isn't especially wide. A longer fish kept there for release...tournament situations...might not do great in there. I'd probably put them in the larger well.

20170816_173906.jpg

Archived