How do you stay in shape?

conocean

After I had my last physical, I told my wife the Dr said that a really good exercise for the heart is having sex 3 or 4 times a week. It was better than any other exercise to keep the heart strong. She said...I'll surprise you when you get home from work tomorrow. The next day I can't wait to get home...I mean, I'm excited....I think my heart rate was already up just speeding home...well, I come in the house...and she walks me to the back bedroom, the lights were already dim and music was playing in the room. 

I rounded the corner and to my disappointment, the  surprise was a new exercise bike with several gadgets and a new pair of walking shoes. 

I said, did you not hear me on the Doctor's advice ?? She said .." yes" ....That she called the Dr. office today and told the nurse what I said, and the dang nurse lied and told her they recommended more exercise or walking....not more sex. 

I said to my wife " I know what I heard " ....now, it turns out she scheduled me for a hearing test next week.  

After my divorce a very wise elderly gentleman that was married thrice told me that the biggest difference between having a wife and having a girlfriend is the amount of sex you have. Dozens of studies show that the duration & frequency of sex decreases up to 90% within 24months after the wedding bells ring. Which (for the sake of staying in shape) is not good for your heart! Thankfully that wasn't the case when I was married but that stat has me concerned so it's doubtful I'll get married again. Mainly because I want to keep my heart as healthy as possible, of course! 🙃 

12 hours ago, conocean said:

After my divorce a very wise elderly gentleman that was married thrice told me that the biggest difference between having a wife and having a girlfriend is the amount of sex you have. Dozens of studies show that the duration & frequency of sex decreases up to 90% within 24months after the wedding bells ring. Which (for the sake of staying in shape) is not good for your heart! Thankfully that wasn't the case when I was married but that stat has me concerned so it's doubtful I'll get married again. Mainly because I want to keep my heart as healthy as possible, of course! 🙃 

An ol wise man told me.....put a penny in a glass jar when you are a newly wed, and every time you have relations during the first year, the jar will most likely be filled at the end of the first year...then take a penny from the jar after the first year.....most find, the jar is still 1/2 full after 4-5 years (LOL).....

dc

Archived