2500/2600 livewell clogging question

Tall Tails

Easy easy fix I don't even use the plexi part at all sleeve your stand pipe with holes in the sleeve and cap,  I tap with 2 SS screws make sure pop off the cap of your standpipe before you sleeve it.. 

you can cover 2/3's if the standpipe with a ziplock and still drain... I run 1100 gallon pumps in my 23 HPS and have never had overflow issues...  

any question shoot me a text bud 239-290-0811

IMG_0069.PNG

• Like 1

I made the sleeve last night. It worked well today but I did not have a ton of bait in there. Spent most of yesterday shoulder deep in the live well trying in vain to keep it from over flowing. I had no issues today but want to make the holes in the sleeve a bit bigger and probably add more holes. Skip assures me that they are working this issue now and will have a fix going forward. If the sleeve works this well perhaps it should be part of the live well from the start. :)

On 8/31/2017 at 9:14 AM, SCFD rtrd. said:

What is a pressurized live-well?

No air at the top of the well. When you close the lid the water fills all available space. No sloshing, no beating baits or tournament fish against the sides of the well. Many larger offshore boats have this to keep their expensive baits alive and well. 

14 hours ago, Tall Tails said:

No air at the top of the well. When you close the lid the water fills all available space. No sloshing, no beating baits or tournament fish against the sides of the well. Many larger offshore boats have this to keep their expensive baits alive and well. 

Roger that, makes perfect since. Thanks for the explanation.  

At the end of a days fishing, I usually lean the Plexiglass out slightly, then pull the standpipe out, then secure the Plexiglass back in place.  When the water level gets to about 3 or 4 inches, I dip the bait out. That's so much easier than trying the dip bait from a full live-well.  

Is there a way to do this if I use the slip-over pipe method and eliminate the Plexiglass?

• 2 months later...

Thanks Skip 

I was trying to plan some projects for those windy cold front days and guess I will make the sleeve as well. Ran offshore to do some grouper fishing and even the pins were causing the live well to overflow. Nobody could sit in the back seats without wet shorts.

• 2 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:19 AM, bsh102 said:

Skip any further development of a fix other than the garage fixes owners have put together.

The livewell on my 2500 is the lab rat and we have installed some different fittings on it, to be honest I have not had much time to test it out between work and weather.  Next week we are doing a local Guides boat so we should have some feedback soon.

Skip

• 2 months later...

I see this is an old post. But I was wondering if anybody came up with a solution. The little white levers that hold my plate on the screws are stripped out and one fell out from constantly removing the plate to clean behind it I’m so frustrated with this plate corner drain.  2500 Hybrid.  I love my 2500 but I hate this livewell set up.  

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you sleeve your stand pipe you will no longer have issues it’s a 20 min 10$ fix, Jays way works perfect and mine also. 

I made my pipe longer so my water level almost over flows the well so I have little to no slosh I also run 1100 gal pumps. 

This is my set up been running like this since 04/05 with my original 22v, so basically 15 years never clogged a well up... (I’m a guide also so I fish pretty often) 

587870F0-7B1E-433B-ACD4-A71714AC9C8B.jpeg

I used Jay's method and I still had my live well clog on me all day. I will admit I had way too many baits in it but it still clogged even after I removed the excess. Are you using the clear plexi panel with the sleeve?

22 hours ago, RCW said:

I used Jay's method and I still had my live well clog on me all day. I will admit I had way too many baits in it but it still clogged even after I removed the excess. Are you using the clear plexi panel with the sleeve?

I just screw in the pipe no plexi, I’m not sure how it’s clogging still, might want to check and make sure your drain lines are not clogged up and flowing freely.  I can seriously put a plastic bag inside my well and it won’t clog it up...