2500 Hydrant and Safety Gear Location

bw1199

With all the 2500 build threads I was curious to know where everyone stores all their stuff.

I'm thinking about mounting my fire hyrdrant in the large compartment up front. This is also where I store my PFD's and flares. I stick my throwable on the side of my console between the console and the pipe work for the t-top.

Currently my fire extinguisher is in the drawer of the tackle station. I looked at the center forward storage area but couldn't bring myself to drill holes. It may live in a bucket somewhere for a while. The flares are in my all purpose dry box that is inside the console...for now. Life jackets are in the console as well. Seemed the driest place. For all the storage areas this thing has I'm having a difficult time deciding where stuff will be. 

Could you guys that have a 2500 post some pics of how you set up your boat. Maybe with the doors open from above. Just trying to visualize how things fit. I'm going to a boat show next month and I am hoping there will be one there to look at. My local dealer doesn't have much in stock from pathfinder and it's a 2 hour drive to Tampa. 

I agree on having a difficult time deciding where to put stuff. I feel like half my compartments are empty.

I'll try to get some pics this weekend.

I know as of a couple weeks ago Greg at Family Boating didn't think he'd have a 2500 on the lot till the end of the year. I suppose he may have a loaner at any upcoming boat shows but I don't know.

bw1199, nothing wrong with having empty compartments. 2500 has more than enough storage space for all you needs. I have a 2200v so this is not apples to apples but might help. I keep all related items in one compartment and then do the same with the others.

lg. cntr. fwd.                              tool box, fire ext & air horn holder both mounted. rest of area open for bring along fishing gear, clothing.

stb fwd.                                     guest carry on belongings, adjustable deck brush, adjustable boat hook.

port fwd.                                   lifejackets, all related safety items.

aft port                                     docklines, extra anchor, fenders, fluids, live well fittings,

upper station control box         charts, manuals, vessel docs.

keep storage items balanced to prevent list. also carry basic instruction sheet for boat operation if I become unable to operate boat along with distress vhf numbers.

hope this gives you some idea. :) fin

Archived