charlie johnson

Photo Zone Contest #1

Like that B&W of the "Boys" brings back memories of my younger days!

BTW great thought to put up a photo forum!

will post some photos later!

Andy

My bride with her first 'big' Redfish.

Last summer, on a MBC vessel, at Fishing High School with an MBC Guide and we learned about the High School here on the forum. Oh yeah, me in the background hooked up.

34ql1g0.jpg

1334616708-IMG_0001.JPG.07bddb3622121260

And my very favorite photo - no plans to release either the fish or my grandson. Note: fish has more teeth than my grandson :)

16a9xyq.jpg

I just can't make up my mind which photos to use. I've deleted the sawfish and replaced it with this tarpon close-up for my third photo.

Caught on a live mullet not a jig :content: :content:

1334699728-tarponcloseup.jpg.99f0f294f2e

After much debate, deliberation and finally an office vote, we came to the conclusion that we couldn’t just give out one prize.

First place ($125): Benzo’s “Happy AM Hero’s Shot†(great smiles and a great fish).

Runnerup ($ 50): Ecclerigg’s “Goliath Grouper†(unique in catch and photo quality).

Consolation Prize($25): Grovesnatcher’s “Boys of Summer Divin’ for Mangroves†(We know, there’s no fish in the picture, but we’re ***ers for kids having fun in our boats.)

Thanks for all the great submissions. We were truly blown away. Stay tuned for the next contest.

1335212017-Boys_of_Summer.jpg.a3e7a4f590

1335212010-Goliath2.jpg.ad85f5dd78676163

1335211990-Happy_AM_Heros___Shot.jpg.8bf

Congrats to the winners!!! Those pics were great and all the pics were way cool! :thumbup:

a few from the hpxv 17

IMG_20110520_163134.jpg

/quote]

had - That dude looks familiar!!! Not sure I'd let him on my boat! :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the competition Charlie. Benzo is a worthy winner - I love his photos. My wife thought Benzo was the best too - so much for family support. :content:

WOW! Amazing photos! Man, this is the first time I've been on the forum since the launch of the new site. I thought the forum was gone because I couldn't find a link to it on the site. So glad it's still up!

-Will