2002 18.5 Maverick Master Angler - Sold

stpetesnooker

St. Pete - 

Let me see if I can help you out here since I have the exact same boat from engine to color just two years older:

If anyone is toying with the idea of buying this boat, let me encourage you.  It rides drier and smoother than any other flats boat you will find out there, though the Egret guys might try to challenge that to justify the extra 20-40k they want for theirs (both boats are remarkably similar, so it's probably splitting hairs as to which one rides better).   It poles beautifully if you aren't working your way across miles of flats.  I take mine back in the Marshes here in NC and spend 2-4 hours on the pole chasing reds and it doesn't kill me, even when working against a wind and tide.  I'm not a muscle head either.   It's wide beam makes for a very very comfortable fishing platform that makes 2-3 guys fishing feel roomy.   That OX66 is going to push you in the mid 50's - fast enough to scare you a little bit.   As a 2002, she is a spring chicken as far as Master Anglers go - my former 1987 is still out there catching fish and kickin' tail.  

And, every time you drop her in the water, catch a glance of her in the rear view mirror, or see her sitting in the driveway, you will smile.  In fact, one of the most embarrassing things about owning this boat will be the number of pics on your phone of it over and over and over and over.  

But you won't be able to delete them.

Having owned a 1993 MA I will put any MA ride up against just about any boat, including some bay boats.

I live in central FL and fished many a day out of Port Canaveral in mine. 

I had no problem taking it out 10-12 miles on a nice day.  Granted, it's still a "flats boat" but it didn't ride like one.

I really want the Hewes style fold down bench seat plus its out of my price range.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived