Choko and Points South: Double Trouble Slots - It was like the old days

I once asked a stupid question at a fishing seminar....to one of the "legends"....

I asked, "How do you fish a full moon...you know, the fish eat all night, etc. etc. strong tides"

He said, "It's simple - you go fish !!!"

Well, I look and we had a monster tide, but, I had a hall pass so off by buddy Dan and I went.

On the water with 12 doz shrimplets and I mean small....we head to look for my old friends...

Finally found them....10 reds and about the same snook and we were off the water by 1230.

The fish turned and it was like the old days....poppn corks and shrimp and they kept coming...all the reds were solt, with a few nice sized snook....caught about 4-5 snooklets which is great to see that the new brood are coming...

We had at one point a nice double....my buddy and I hit at almost the same time....here is hold them for a group shot (LOL)

Here are a few pics....

598630587f986_dinopics-2.thumb.jpg.ee5b07f82fb5de1ec6cf35a5eb205654.jpg5986305a9e35a_dinopics-1.thumb.jpg.6f4bf256ff42d11ccc5add2e91c5310c.jpg

dino pics-3.jpg

21 hours ago, heweymagoos said:

Looks like a good day. You guys run north or south? Not trying to steal your spot or anything. I like running south, though on my last trip I went north around the jewel area had had some luck. 

I typically Run South from Choko and fish the bights south of the Chatham River, and points further south such as Boggess, Bird, Seminole, Wood, and other keys and the creek entrances....

I just look for clean running water with some flow....I heard the bite turned on this weekend.

DC

1 hour ago, flatsdoctor said:

it was me.

accidental " diving" accident

At the beach in Naples, landed on my head in less than 3 feet of water, ended up with a head contusion, spinal cord shock and a 3 way fracture of humerus 

ouch !!!!

You can join me anytime Doc....call when you feel like you need a Choko fix :)

dc

2 hours ago, flatsdoctor said:

it was me.

At the beach in Naples, landed on my head in less than 3 feet of water, ended up with a head contusion, spinal cord shock and a 3 way fracture of humerus 

Sounds like you were lucky!  Good that it wasn't more serious!

5 hours ago, flatsdoctor said:

it was me.

BTW

you are not supposed to dive after the snook....you catch them with a hook and line.

dc

Archived