Another 2500 build

RCW

I checked my email yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised to have an email from Skip with the first pictures of her out of the mold. Below are the major details and still tweaking a few things. This is my first build and the anticipation is killing me. Going over next Friday for the factory tour.

Kingston grey hull sides

White bottom

2 tone console face panel and footrest

White Yamaha

2nd station with taller platform

White rub rail

White power coating on all pipe work

Console hull color matched

2 tone grey/white cushions

2-10ft power pole blades white

Rod Rack on helm seat

Underwater lights

Simrad nss12 evo3 in console

Simrad nss7 evo 3 in upper station

Sonic Hub 2 

6 JL speakers

JL amp

Sirius weather/radio module

Bimini for front decK

I can't say enough good things about the Knopp  family and Family Boating Center. This is my 5th boat and 3rd Pathfinder from them and they are first class people. Thanks for the pictures Skip!

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

I see PF has gone to an aluminum tank.  I wonder if Skip could chime in here and explain why.  Do they have a longer useful life than plastic (as in my 2007 2200V)?   Are they more impervious to any problems with ethanol?  I am just curious.

3 hours ago, RCW said:

No not yet. They still have quite a bit of rigging to do, but I am hoping by the end of next week it is ready. I will keep you posted. Which prop are you running?

I had a 19p mercury enertia. Greg said his mercury guru said I need an 18p but it wasn't delivered when I picked my boat up, then it had the wrong hub so they had to order that and I finally picked it up this morning. However based on my numbers with the 19p I think it will be better than the 18 and I think 20p may be the best prop. I haven't had ideal prop testing conditions with the 19p but it runs about 57 @ 6200 rpm and 28-30 mph its at 3800-3900 rpm.

14 hours ago, RCW said:

No not yet. They still have quite a bit of rigging to do, but I am hoping by the end of next week it is ready. I will keep you posted. Which prop are you running?

What rigging are you having done by the dealer as opposed to having done at the factory? I saw the factory does power poles and I've seen them install gps and transducers. Just wondering what you chose to do at the dealer. 

Archived