redfisher 18 backrest

cdmoore91

my 2013 hewes did not come with the back rest or the mounting plates for a backrest. the dealer here in town said they would have to cut into the deck install the mounting plates before i could install the backrest that comes on the 2014+ models. 

before i do this has anyone else come up with a solution for a backrest besides the factory option? 

TIA

I have seen one that mounts to the poling platform legs and folds up to make a "seat" in front of the platform or folds down to provide a back rest.  It was probably fabricated to work as described, but looked like a great idea.  You may want to look into it.

I have an 2017 18 RF that came with factory backrest that just doesn't quite tighten down no matter how tight you tighten down the knobs. I had seen birsalls design so I went to Bobby and asked how to get it tight. Turns out it wasn't his. It has gotten a little better but just has this loose, dare I say cheap feel to it? I was thinking of adding some washers or flex padding in the base to really get it tight. I'm also afraid of stripping the base threads and then I'm really screwed, pun intended.

On July 29, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Waterguy said:

I have an 2017 18 RF that came with factory backrest that just doesn't quite tighten down no matter how tight you tighten down the knobs. I had seen birsalls design so I went to Bobby and asked how to get it tight. Turns out it wasn't his. It has gotten a little better but just has this loose, dare I say cheap feel to it? I was thinking of adding some washers or flex padding in the base to really get it tight. I'm also afraid of stripping the base threads and then I'm really screwed, pun intended.

not what i really wanted to hear. after taking a closer look i have access to where i need to mount the support brackets. may go with the birdsail marine 

On 7/29/2017 at 8:34 AM, Limitless said:

I have seen one that mounts to the poling platform legs and folds up to make a "seat" in front of the platform or folds down to provide a back rest.  It was probably fabricated to work as described, but looked like a great idea.  You may want to look into it.

Like the Ranger Phantom?

Archived