Show me your registration # location

HewesYourDaddy

Ordered my reg #'s from a guy on THT that comes highly recommended. His screen name is LWalker i believe. His name is Luke. Great guy to do biz with.  He had a rendering done up for me in just a matter of an hour or so. I wanted to go with a style like you had, Brad, but GADNR can be real a-holes sometimes (I needed more contrast). I went with white with gold online to match the Pathfinder logo on the hull. Now just got to figure out best location. My coworker looked at it and called me Fifty Cent for going with the gold.

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

16 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Ordered my reg #'s from a guy on THT that comes highly recommended. His screen name is LWalker i believe. His name is Luke. Great guy to do biz with.  He had a rendering done up for me in just a matter of an hour or so. I wanted to go with a style like you had, Brad, but GADNR can be real a-holes sometimes (I needed more contrast). I went with white with gold online to match the Pathfinder logo on the hull. Now just got to figure out best location. My coworker looked at it and called me Fifty Cent for going with the gold.

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

Luke did mine too, as well as my Pathfinder stickers. I didn't care for the gold on blue, which looks much better on red. I tried to get him on this forum years ago, but don't know if he ever made it. Can you message me with his email contact please, I've searched my email for it and can't find it.

I was concerned if I would run into issues with FWC, but he said he's never had a complaint. I've been stopped by the FWC (twice) and Coast Guard (once) and they've never had an issue with my numbers. He matched the Pathfinder font on mine too, but it's hard to tell in that pic. 

13 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Now I'm thinking I should've just gone with an outline instead and have my hull color show thru. DNR be dam*ed! Oh well, I can always change them up later.

10 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

It's not. That's why I went with white outlined in gold. 

Guys,

I've been stopped twice in the last year for the FWC courtesy safety and license checks. The first time, the officer said nothing about the lettering.

The second time, I asked the officer if the outlined letters with the hull color showing through were OK, or do I need to change. He told me they look for contrast and the ability to read with binocs at 25 yards or so. He said they were fine. He was a FWC lieutenant with a rookie officer with him doing initial training. He also gave me the safety sticker to place on the boat.

I also went one inch larger than required letter height. Maybe that made it easier for him to OK the letter scheme.

I can imagine the county sheriff, CG, or other group having another opinion, but for now, and until someone tells me to do something else, I'll stick with what I have. 

This comes from Florida State Statute 328.48...

4) Each certificate of registration issued shall state among other items the numbers awarded to the vessel, the hull identification number, the name and address of the owner, and a description of the vessel, except that certificates of registration for vessels constructed or assembled by the owner registered for the first time shall state all the foregoing information except the hull identification number. The numbers shall be placed on each side of the forward half of the vessel in such position as to provide clear legibility for identification, except, if the vessel is an airboat, the numbers may be placed on each side of the rudder. The numbers awarded to the vessel shall read from left to right and shall be in block characters of good proportion not less than 3 inches in height. The numbers shall be of a solid color which will contrast with the color of the background and shall be so maintained as to be clearly visible and legible; i.e., dark numbers on a light background or light numbers on a dark background. The certificate of registration shall be pocket-sized and shall be available for inspection on the vessel for which issued whenever such vessel is in operation.

(5) A decal signifying the year or years during which the certificate is valid shall be furnished by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles with each registration certificate issued. The decal issued to an undocumented vessel shall be displayed by affixing it to the port (left) side of the vessel within 6 inches before or after the registration number. The decal issued to a documented vessel shall be placed on the port (left) side of the vessel and may be affixed to a window or the windshield on the port (left) side of the vessel in lieu of being placed on the hull. A decal issued to a dealer shall be affixed, with the registration number, to a removable sign pursuant to s. 328.52(2). Any decal for a previous year shall be removed from a vessel operating on the waters of the state.

MOD-2

Archived