RTIC cooler customer service

conocean

I noticed my 45RTIC started delaminating on the inside (bubbling on the floor) a few weeks ago. I emailed RTIC, sent them pics & info then received a return authorization number the next day. Mailed the cooler back to them and new one arrived 10 days later. Can't ask for better service than that! 

Before the Yeti & Engel supporters chime in I just want to say that my 80Yeti & 65Engel both delaminated and both companies would only give me a partial credit towards a new cooler instead of replacing them. Theres no way I would ever buy those products again. 

Kudos to RTIC for doing the right thing, I'm proud to be part of the RTIC brotherhood!!

It's called "building" a brand...Yetti probably did this years ago...now, they don't really care...that's what I would think.

Either you stand behind a warranty or you don't....MBC is one of the "few" I've ever seen do that...it's called - Brand Recognition and Trust to the consumer.

ORVIS is another...no matter when you bought it..send it back, full credit or a new one...amazing !!! I have at least $2K worth of Orris gear and dog beds etc.

dc

I took your advice conocean ,I tried to order their 45qt in blue however it's not currently in stock . Friday evening  I sent them a inquire to when the blue 45 qt would be available .Early Saturday I received email notifying  me that they received my inquire ..what surprised me was I recieved a  2 nd notice today  Sunday afternoon . Even though I may have to wait or choose a different cooler , that's truly customer service at it's best. And building a brand as Capt DeWalt stated above is how you build and keep customers . The RITC Coolers have a nice clean snag free line to them , unlike the yeti, orca type coolers with the protruding rubber "  Tee shaped " closures .Tks for the heads up

Sounds like Yeti replaced your coolers because the "spots" were actually from a contaminated mix of plastic used when your coolers were made. Two people I know uncovered that issue and Yeti made good on both. Why Yeti didn't replace mine instead of offer me a $100 credit due to the total delamination at the bottom of the cooler was puzzling. It's all good though because I got the RTIC 20, 45 & 65 for the cost of a new 75Yeti! B|

11 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Yeti just sent me a brand new 65 , to replace my 12 yearold one .

Same thing .

Blackspots .

No complaints from this old salt .

🇺🇸☠️

Do the black spots look like "mildew"  a lot of tiny black spots ???  If so, my 65 has it also. I've tried bleach........

Funny story about my first yeti cooler. I bought a 45 Tundra and I couldn't have been prouder. I finally ponied up the cash for one of these crazy good coolers. A couple weeks after using it, I tried to talk my extremely practical brother into one. His response still gets me. 

ME- Bro you have to buy one of these Yetis. They're keep ice for days.

Brother- how much does it cost?

ME- I paid $275, but it's awesome!

Brother- let me get this straight. You just paid $275 for a cooler to save a $2 bag of ice? Especially when beer only last a day?

I hung my head and acknowledged defeat. 

Yeti Warranty :  After confirming with The Outlaw about Yeti replacing coolers with "black spots" inside them....... I decided to take a few pics of mine and send to them.

WOW.... the next day I received an email from Yeti stating that they will replace the 65 Yeti free of charge because of the blemishes in the manufacturing process. No further questions asked...they never even asked how old it was, after giving them shipping address, my obligation is to return the old one within 10 days of receipt of the new replacement and they also pay for the return shipping. That's first class customer service.  

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

You know what......? My old 80Yeti has the same black spots all over it and inside so I'm going to give Yeti another chance to make me happy that I bought their product years ago before the RTIC line was introduced to the market. I will let you all know what happens!

I'm sure that RTIC / Orca / Engel / Cabelas. etc etc have made Yeti realize that they are no longer the only game in town and now consumers have many other options at this style coolers. The prices are continuing to get down to a more realistic value. The stainless cups and tall glasses are at every major store you go in for less than half $ of what they were 2 years ago. 

I also own several RTIC coolers and they have been equally as good as any of the Yeti's I have too.

Well after getting no response from Yeti for 3 days then going back & forth with a supervisor, they have sent me a new 75Tundra. At first they only wanted to give me a 30% discount but after me getting irritated and sending a few emails, upper mgmt finally conceded. They're sending me a return shipping label to send back my old cooler. I was disappointed that the process wasn't as easy as reported by others and it was a night & day difference from my experience with RTIC but the new Yeti should arrive in 5 days. It will make a nice wedding gift for friends of mine. #stickinwithrtic

• 2 months later...
On 7/28/2017 at 12:09 PM, conocean said:

I noticed my 45RTIC started delaminating on the inside (bubbling on the floor) a few weeks ago. I emailed RTIC, sent them pics & info then received a return authorization number the next day. Mailed the cooler back to them and new one arrived 10 days later. Can't ask for better service than that! 

Before the Yeti & Engel supporters chime in I just want to say that my 80Yeti & 65Engel both delaminated and both companies would only give me a partial credit towards a new cooler instead of replacing them. Theres no way I would ever buy those products again. 

Kudos to RTIC for doing the right thing, I'm proud to be part of the RTIC brotherhood!!

What is causing these to delaminate? I have a couple Yetis as well as some K2's and have never experienced any delamination.  I have multiple friends with yeti's and other brands and I have never heard of it either, I'm curious if there is something you are putting in your cooler that I need to be aware of.

No idea what caused the delams in all 3 brands I owned. I never put anything in them other than regular ice, food, drinks & fish. 

My neighbor recently left his tan 65 Engel open and in the sun for 3 days; the floor of that cooler bubbled (delaminated). Not sure if he was already having an issue that he didn't notice beforehand though. 

Archived