2200xl over heating issues

Miss Jazzy

Buddy of mine is having over heating problems with his F-150. He said while running he has to keep the jack plate all the way down. He's also having cavatation problems. In the pick you'll see the motor and jack plate is all the way down and with a straight edge the water intake its only halfway in the water. He looked while underway and said the cav plate is about 2-3" above the water. I know that is the problem but I know several Pathys with this same setup. Motor is one hole from top. Something just don't look right but idk what it is. Who has  this setup? Where does yours line up with the bottom of the hull? 2011 2200xl F-150 Atlas jack plate 

IMG_1450.JPG

The anti cavition plate should be level with the top of the pocket,  not the bottom of the hull.  If that is the case and it still overheats, might be time for new impeller,  or thermostat.  

How big is the jackplate? A 4" setback is not gonna allow you raise much while running.  6" maybe 1/4 to 1/2 half way.  

Yea I'm pulling the water pump tomorrow to narrow that down. I personally think that is the problem. He said he had been running in a lot a grass too and it kept getting clogged and running hot. I think he may have hurt the impeller or melted the housing and partially blocked the water intake. I'm just not too familiar with how these XL models are setup, I've never owned one.  

Archived