Cobia's questions on boats built prior to 2006 Model Year

Scott Deal

In March of 2005, Maverick Boat Company, Inc. purchased the ***ets of the Cobia Brand from Yamaha-owned, C & C manufacturing. Those ***ets consisted primarily of tooling and good will. There were very few records of older products so we have limited knowledge of boats built prior to that acquisition. Unfortunately for this reason, we do not have older owner's manuals, wiring diagrams, or parts to support product built prior to that purchase. We are happy to help you in any way we can regarding the older models, but please understand our limitations in this regard.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
48 minutes ago, Harrison Meacham said:

@Scott Deal  Do you happen to know anything about late 1990s Cobia flats boats? I have found no one that knows or has even heard of these boats...

boat.png

I think this boat was made prior to Cobia being purchased by MBG.  I think I remember reading in previous posts that they have no information for those prior year boats.

I have some softness in a couple spots on the floor.  It is not terribly soft but kind of worries me about the transom even though transom is very solid and no soft spots near it. Is there anything i should be worried about other than the actual deck? I am new to boat owning and just wanting to make sure. Also I am just wanting to know if anyone else has owned or seen one as a curiosity. 

I havent seen many online (only 2 other pictures) and just want to know if i got a decent deal or not etc... 

Thanks for the info @HoneyB  Also the reason for checking draft would just be to see how much water it runs in.

Also if anyone can point me in a direction of a forum or website with other people that may have owned or know anything about these boats... Not too worried just more curious!!! 

boat 2.png

5 hours ago, Harrison Meacham said:

So how would i find any information on these boats? 

I cant find how many were made, or specific specs, or even how many people i can fit on it. I also have no idea what max power rating for it is and also the weight of the boat....

Soooo many unanswered questions!! :(

What year is the boat?  Was built prior to MBG owning the brand but we do have some old brochures here that might get you some info.

Skip

@HoneyB I did not mean to duplicate posts. I was putting this into multiple forums...sorry lol. 

@slyshon  THANKS SO MUCH for the brochure, however i told you the wrong year of my boat and maybe even wrong model. This is due to me obviously not knowing much information about my boat. M boat is a 1997 not an 1997, and that model of Cobia is not the flats version. I want to say my model is the 153 NOT the 154.

Do you have something for this model by chance? Anything would help

Thanks again @slyshon for the quick and accurate responses.

@slyshon provided me with this link: http://mbgforum.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=27156 about the 154 which is close to mine but NO, many more differences. Mine has the factory poling platform and a flat rear deck part of the boat that is not shown in that link. Along with few other differences. 

And about the 80 hp max, where did that come from? I thought ive seen 90 for max hp