Look what I found!!

Lap it Up

I have a LT 20fter with a 150 Vmax or it did have a VMAX.  It is a great engine 18 yrs of trouble free performance.a lot of get up and go.  Old fashion version of the SHO today.  I had to change it out with because of  a little water jacket corrosion.  The old vmax had a hot rod sound taking off.  Good luck have fun getting it  spruced up.

Here's a few pics when I hooked it up.  My wife actually found it on Offer Up.  It will need wet sanding and cutting to bring back the blue. Over all she is in decent shape. Time for some

accessories... Jackplate, Power Pole, water pressure gauge and Low water pickup and tempress seats coming soon.  I'm a big 2 stroke fan so I'm excited to smell oil again this weekend!! 

IMG_0971.PNG

IMG_0972.PNG

IMG_0973.PNG

IMG_0974.PNG

47 minutes ago, conocean said:

Freakin sweet rig! I miss a 2 smoke engine too!!

Given the year and model of the boat, did you happen to survey the boat and/or run a camera into the bilge to check the stringers?

I did not survey it.  I have never done a survey.  I did as much bilge inspection as I could thru the big bilge access.  No damage or delamination at all.  Compression is great and even. For the price I was willing to take the low risk percentage.  I got her for $15k cash.  

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER - that was a frickin steal.  I have never seen a (running/floating/equipped) 21 go for anything close to that.  I don't  know whether to congratulate you on a smoking deal or report you for theft! ;)  

Nicely done, now get out there and start sanding!

2 minutes ago, nicecast said:

Same color as my old one. Miss that boat a lot!

Does this one have the rope insert rub rail? Such a classic look. 

You'll love that ProV!

Yes, it has a rope insert.  I like the look also I just don't like how it stays wet forever! I will change the rub rail to a solid rubber one this off season.  The ProV is a great engine. I have had a few of them over the years.  Keep oil in them and keep em cool and the run forever. 

Archived