Yamaha buys Bennett Marine Trim Tabs

DaveC

Bennett trim tabs are high quality and have been good to me for many years.  I have Lenco tabs now because they came with the boat.  They are fine but I have one complaint about the Lenco tabs that bugs me.  The Lenco tabs have 3 large screw heads on the bottom running surface of the tab that catch water, make a spray and add drag.  On the other hand, Bennett tabs are designed to be perfectly smooth on the bottom running surface, without the large screw heads, and they add little or no drag.

10 hours ago, DonV said:

As long as Yamaha does NOT mess with Bennett's outstanding customer service or start cutting corners on quality.....all is good!! :)

Good luck with that. The beauty of consolidating companies is pairing down the cost (usually, anything NOT having directly tied to manufacturing and sales) I'm with you Don, hopefully Bennett will benefit from Yamaha's huge financial resources and be able to improve their products in the future without too much of a hindrance to the customer base having to deal with Yamaha for customer service. 

12 hours ago, DonV said:

As long as Yamaha does NOT mess with Bennett's outstanding customer service or start cutting corners on quality.....all is good!! :)

I spoke with the people at Bennett yesterday and they reassured me that Yamaha has no intention of making any changes at Bennett for some time, they will inject energy into the marketing campaigns and of course new product engineering and design.  I agree that this is a good transition for both companies, I am not always a fan of corporate consolidation but it is what it is.  I am looking for some new and interesting technology coming from this though, the Bennett Auto Trim Pro is making huge strides and I'm sure that Yama has a lot of interest in that as well...

Archived