Yeti Bucket

CaptDavis

Ah, give 'em break and buy one.  They gotta pay for that slick advertising somehow!

My Redfisher came with an Engel 35 for the seat in front of the console, and it is a superior cooler to the one yeti I had.  Consumer reports tests show that engel wins consistently over the yetis.  I'm all for free market, and more power to the yeti folks, but I cant see paying $299 for the 35 yeti when I an get a 35 Engel for $199.

Aw c'mon Capt Davis, don't you want to be a part of the Yeti revolution!?!? What a joke! I bet they sold a few thousand of those buckets the first day they were released. Just goes to show that companies can be successful selling poo on a popsicle stick if they advertise to the right crowd.

I think this is actually genius, definitely not worth $40.  But except for custom fiberglass deals, who would have thought about paying even Engel prices for a cooler before Yeti, when a 50qt. Igloo was maybe $50?  Their goal now is to see how much people will pay for really over-engineered common outdoor stuff.  They know most fishing people will pay for hi-end gear, and are usually early adopters.  And let's face it, a lot non-fishing people want to be like fishing people because it looks so dang cool.

But still not shelling out $40 for a bucket, though I'll probably get one for Christmas from my in-laws. 

My wife spent I don't know how much for a Yeti Roadie 20 qt cooler for Christmas for me.  She thought I needed one?!?!  I looked duly excited when I opened it Christmas morning.  I tried not to think about how much money she spent on it.  And the thing is, I am not even impressed with how long ice last in it.  Maybe I was supposed to go through a "break-in" or treat it with a magic potion before I used it.  I dunno..... 

Seems cheap compared to some.

Buckets of Cash

While a 5-gallon bucket often isn’t much to look at, when the suggested retail price is three figures, it’s worth a closer look. Among the items on display in the Boating Accessories category of the New Product Showcase was a 5-gallon bucket made by HUCK Performance Buckets. It’s an off-white color with a sturdy, coated handle and padded non-slip feet on the bottom made by Vibram, which is a global player in the outdoor footwear world.

BassFan
Photo: BassFan

This 5-gallon bucket from HUCK Performance Buckets will retail for $119.95.

The product description claims it’s a 5-gallon bucket on steroids. So, too, is the MSRP at $119.95.

Read more: http://www.bassfan.com/news_article/8954/new-products-illustrate-depth-of-quality#.WWztwGdK3cs#ixzz4n6qPsFbQ

I think the Yeti bucket is an improvement on the regular bucket. The tie down points and heavy duty handle look good. After spending 50-grand on an 18' flats boat...a 40 dollar bucket is not a big deal. (no, I have not bought one...yet. L0L)

11 minutes ago, LarryH said:

I think the Yeti bucket is an improvement on the regular bucket. The tie down points and heavy duty handle look good. After spending 50-grand on an 18' flats boat...a 40 dollar bucket is not a big deal. (no, I have not bought one...yet. L0L)

This is so true, $40 doesn't see all that much in comparison, as absurd as it sounds.  Yeti has a field of dreams customer base right now, build and they will buy it.  I am going out on a limb and guessing a future Yeti product will be fish bags, maybe? 

11 hours ago, localangler said:

Firehouse subs, they sell 5 gallon buckets for about 2 bucks with no tax (the money goes to a first responder fund) .  The only down side is you need to let the dill pickle smell air out.

👆🏼 this or the HD Homer bucket for about $3.  

My dad owned a stucco company.  He used to have STACKS of dryvit buckets at his office. If he saw me paying $40 for a bucket, he'd roll over in his grave....

Archived