Humminbird Solix?

mminassian

Is anyone using this GPS?  I'm looking at picking up the new Ulterra with link as soon as universal mania has it back in stock again and I'm really liking the idea of connecting the trolling motor to the gps to follow contours etc.  Is anyone using this? Is it worth it?  Am I paying a ton of money for a GPS that has no right to be on a flats boat?  Looking for all thoughts on this matter except for the thought of, keep a hand tiller because that's just not gonna happen.  Hate having the hand tiller that came with the boat when I bought it.

PS boat is almost out of fiberglass, just waiting on new fuel tank, will update everyone with pictures once it's finished.  What an ordeal that's been :/

Don't need a Solix to use those features.  I-Pilot Link is that interface that works  with most newer Humminbird systems. Not just Solix. You can get the Ulterra with, or without Link installed, or add it later (more expensive).  Also check for available compatible map cards for your area.  You can make your own compatible charts with Autochart, but that might not be what you have in mind.

I was originally looking at the hummingbird helix but when I saw the solix that has color it kind of sold me. I'm really needing something in the 12" range. I have terrible eye sight with one eye being pretty much useless and the other eye 20/20 with a contact but it's tough to focus on small written things on a screen so I wanna go as big as I can with as clear data as I can.

any more input greatly appreciated always looking to see what other people are using and what's working 

The Helix models are all color as well.  There are good buys to be had on 12 inch Helix "chirp" capable units right now since the newer "G2N" models are out.

The G2N models have higher definition side and down imaging.  If you intend to use imaging and are sight challenged, it could be a good option as well.

I fished last weekend in buddy's boat with G2N units, and the improved imaging clarity is no joke.  Very nice.

Archived