Sign in to follow this  
peterwrightjr

18 HPX Too Pretty Not To Share!

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 0:21 PM, brokenskeg said:

Sweet boat!  How does it do with the jack plate, if you don't mind, especially since HBC says it's not needed?  I'm looking at getting one with a 150.

I prefer the boat with no jack plate.  As long as it's propped right, it's has plenty of hull shot.  I've rigged a couple with 150's and a jack plate.  Pushing the weight of the 150 even further back from the transom can cause more squat and you have to use a lot more tab to keep the bow down, just tough to make run correctly with that setup.  I really push people towards the 115, still upper 40's, overall better setup.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:26 AM, jason p said:

Don't send it yet, You forgot the push pole holders!:o

I figured someone would catch that.  Guy fishes a very specific way and has to cover some ground to get there, wanted a really good riding skiff that floats shallow, light weight, and is stable.  Trolling motor only, but needed this boat to get the job done. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, peterwrightjr said:

I prefer the boat with no jack plate.  As long as it's propped right, it's has plenty of hull shot.  I've rigged a couple with 150's and a jack plate.  Pushing the weight of the 150 even further back from the transom can cause more squat and you have to use a lot more tab to keep the bow down, just tough to make run correctly with that setup.  I really push people towards the 115, still upper 40's, overall better setup.

Thank you for the response!

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:06 AM, fishman2006 said:

Perfection!

Who made the backrest?....Birdsail? I'm looking to get one for my 18HPX soon

Maverick makes them.  You can order through your local dealer.